The Student Room Group

What happens if I don’t get the grades for my conditional offer?

Hihiii obviously I know that if I don’t get the grades I can’t go to that University. Let’s just say all my conditional offers’ required grades are relatively similar and if I don’t get them, there’s a chance I can’t get into any of them!

Additionally, I don’t understand much about the clearing process, if someone could explain that to me I’d be thankful 🫶

It like on results day I don’t know what to do if I don’t get the grades
Original post by Jihoooo
Hihiii obviously I know that if I don’t get the grades I can’t go to that University. Let’s just say all my conditional offers’ required grades are relatively similar and if I don’t get them, there’s a chance I can’t get into any of them!

Additionally, I don’t understand much about the clearing process, if someone could explain that to me I’d be thankful 🫶

It like on results day I don’t know what to do if I don’t get the grades

If you don't meet your offer grades, either your Firm or Insurance may still accept you. Have a read:

A-level results day 2023: what to expect
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
If you don't meet your offer grades, either your Firm or Insurance may still accept you. Have a read:

A-level results day 2023: what to expect

Hey there! The link seems to not be working :frown:
Original post by Jihoooo
Hey there! The link seems to not be working :frown:

That's odd, it's working for me. Try copy and pasting this:

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/clearing-results-day/a-level-results-day-grades-what-to-expect

Edit: Of course TSR turns it into a link automatically. try one of these:

"https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/clearing-results-day/a-level-results-day-grades-what-to-expect"

Or this with www. added to the front :smile:

theuniguide.co.uk/advice/clearing-results-day/a-level-results-day-grades-what-to-expect
(edited 11 months ago)
Hello Jihoooo,

We understand that the results process can be daunting and particularly stressful should you not receive the grades that you were hoping for. Rest assured that there are many options open to you so don’t panic!

To read more about our approach at Bath I would encourage you to take a look at this page. It gives details on what to do if you meet your offer as well as what happens if you miss the grades or if Bath is your insurance choice.

You can find more details about results day and the clearing process on the UCAS website too. They also have a section dedicated to Clearing.

In the meantime you may also wish to read these blogs on the Complete University Guide of students’ clearing stories. Some of the students sharing their stories on there talk about really positive experiences about things like Clearing Open Days. If you wanted some more detail about the procedural parts of clearing then this article from the Uni Guide is well worth a read and explains it very comprehensively.

I hope some of the above was helpful, best of luck with your future whatever direction you choose 😊

Holly
University of Bath

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending