The Student Room Group

what’s more competitive?

nursing or diagnostic radiography?
diagnostic radiography is probably harder than adult nursing because you are having to learn more about the human body and understanding how to use the various types of radiography equipment.

Original post by Anonymous

Nursing is hard but not as hard as radiography.

A adult nurse.
Reply 2
Original post by Littleemma98
diagnostic radiography is probably harder than adult nursing because you are having to learn more about the human body and understanding how to use the various types of radiography equipment.

Nursing is hard but not as hard as radiography.

A adult nurse.

ahh if ur not smart, is there a possibility if you try hard that you can become one? it’s my dream 🥺
got bad GCSE’s but from mental health as a 15 year old and now im 19 and happy to improve everything.
i did think of nursing but i would rather the technical aspect 🙏🏼 i love medical thingssssss
are apprenticeships available to people after they’ve done a-levels to do diagnostic radiography ? or do you need to be working with the NHS to be eligible?
ahh if ur not smart, is there a possibility if you try hard that you can become one? it’s my dream 🥺
got bad GCSE’s but from mental health as a 15 year old and now im 19 and happy to improve everything.
i did think of nursing but i would rather the technical aspect 🙏🏼 i love medical thingssssss
are apprenticeships available to people after they’ve done a-levels to do diagnostic radiography ? or do you need to be working with the NHS to be eligible?

Providing you have the university entry requirements for either courses then there's nothing stopping you applying 😕.

There's a lot of biology involved.

I don't know about apprenticeships availability because you'll have to look into that within your local area if staying home studying or the availability of wherever you are wanting to study with.
You have to get a potential employer to take you on as a apprentice but also look at going the direct university route with getting placements within NHS.

Absolutely no you don't have to be working with the NHS to be eligible.
You can work as a HCA or auxiliary nurse with the NHS if you apply for jobs within your local health board. Learn how nursing is before you think about applying for nursing if you don't get diagnostic radiographer.

This is the place to start if you want to search for DR apprenticeships:

https://findapprenticeshiptraining.apprenticeships.education.gov.uk/courses/431
Reply 5
Original post by normaw
This is the place to start if you want to search for DR apprenticeships:

https://findapprenticeshiptraining.apprenticeships.education.gov.uk/courses/431

https://www.lsbu.ac.uk/study/course-finder/diagnostic-radiography-integrated-apprenticeship
i would rather do this one as im closer to home and would be happy to do this in 2025 when i fonish my alevels . however, it doesnt state what the entry requirements are ? am i blind 😂
i have put an enquiry, giving my name, email and year id be happy to be doing it for.

Hello,

This can be depend on the university and how people consider the word 'competitive'. Aim for whichever one you would like to study most, as entry requirements are similar. Experiences and volunteering in addition to academic results are also advantageous for an application in any case :smile: Please feel free to reach out to us at the University of Suffolk where we have both Adult Nursing and Diagnostic Radiography places available through clearing; we're here to help!

Scarlett

Quick Reply

Latest