The Student Room Group

Reapplication

I have just received 3 A*s at a level and have accepted my firm offer to study politics and economics at Bath. I have always been unsure about bath university, as I got rejected from Cambridge earlier this year for Land Economy (I was pooled).

Is it worth taking a year out and re applying or is that a waste of a year as it is likely I will be rejected again. With 3 A*s I want to be able to go to the best university possible, I also achieved 11A*s and an A at GCSE. Is reapplication typically successful?
Reapplications are typically not successful, it’s just as competitive every year and statistically it’s more likely you’ll be rejected again than be accepted.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have just received 3 A*s at a level and have accepted my firm offer to study politics and economics at Bath. I have always been unsure about bath university, as I got rejected from Cambridge earlier this year for Land Economy (I was pooled).

Is it worth taking a year out and re applying or is that a waste of a year as it is likely I will be rejected again. With 3 A*s I want to be able to go to the best university possible, I also achieved 11A*s and an A at GCSE. Is reapplication typically successful?

Stick with Bath - it has a brilliant placement scheme which Cambridge does not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending