The Student Room Group

Lit or lang

I just finished my IGCSEs and I am debated between picking english LIT or LANG my other subjects are going to be math further, math, greek, and physics. I am looking for something that is enjoyable and interesting but doesn't have a massive workload so I can focus on my other subjects more.
Original post by Zharkog
I just finished my IGCSEs and I am debated between picking english LIT or LANG my other subjects are going to be math further, math, greek, and physics. I am looking for something that is enjoyable and interesting but doesn't have a massive workload so I can focus on my other subjects more.

You mentioned that you've just finished iGCSEs. Are these for your iALs?
If so, I would focus more on what is required for the degree that you want to apply for. The entry requirements of the degree would supersede any recommendations that we would make.

In terms of preference, I would say Lang over Lit. Lit would require a lot of reading (poetry, plays, novels). Lang tend to be what employers look for in terms of literacy skills.
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
You mentioned that you've just finished iGCSEs. Are these for your iALs?
If so, I would focus more on what is required for the degree that you want to apply for. The entry requirements of the degree would supersede any recommendations that we would make.

In terms of preference, I would say Lang over Lit. Lit would require a lot of reading (poetry, plays, novels). Lang tend to be what employers look for in terms of literacy skills.

Thankyou appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest