The Student Room Group

A level worries and pressure from parents

So I'm bricking it about my A levels, I want to get into Oxford Uni and my parents have said if I do badly then they said I will be kicked out, they constantly put pressure on me all the time, any advice?
First of all I'm sorry you have to feel so anxious about your A Level results, this is a critical time in your life and you shouldn't be worrying about having a roof over your head too. Oxford is very ambitious and I commend you for that. If you don't get it, do you have other uni options? And rather if you don't get Oxford, but another reputable uni course that would lead to a positive career? If so I wouldn't be too anxious, and I'd doubt (but can't quite gather), your parents would kick you out if you didn't get Oxford but got UCL let's say.

I'll be frank as well, from my experience most employers don't care what uni it is. If it's a top 100 uni and you got a 2:1 lets say, great! That won't crumble career prospects exactly, it's just prestige and it can be a little futile, but good still to be ambitious and seek wisdom.
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm bricking it about my A levels, I want to get into Oxford Uni and my parents have said if I do badly then they said I will be kicked out, they constantly put pressure on me all the time, any advice?

Hey there,

How did you get on?

Sorry to hear your parents are putting so much pressure on you. I promise you that if you don't achieve the grades to get into Oxford, although it may feel like it, it will not be the end of the world and there are so many options out there for you and so many brilliant universities. Let us know how we can help.

Best wishes,
PU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending