The Student Room Group

no motivation to do any work and scared for my grades

hey I don't know if it's just me but I feel like during my GCSEs I had so much more motivation to revise and study and just get work done than I do now during my A-levels, I'm in year 13 and have my next set of mocks and the real exams coming very soon and have soooo much coursework and I just cannot bring myself to do anything - like I'm super stressed about it but I can't make myself sit there and do my coursework or revise and I'm really scared for my future - does anyone know how I can get back on track as my grades have started to suffer too and I'm worried I won't go to uni?
I think a lot of us have been there before. Its basically avoiding and putting off the work as it feels insurmountable, which then makes you feel anxious as you are losing time to complete the work and it becomes a perpetual cycle.

In my opinon, you might want to start off with something small and achievable. This could just be making a list of all the things you have to do and its priority.

From there, pick one thing that you feel you can do, something you can tick off, maybe thats making revision notes/flashcards and completing a small homework task and when it's done tick it off. I find chipping away at it slowly but surely can help, just trying to do at least one thing a day until you get the momentum and motivation back.
Hi! It sounds like you're getting very worried and feel a lot of pressure. It might be worth talking to your parents or teacher to let them know and see how they can support you. A levels can be super stressful, try and take the stress of getting into uni out of your subjects and just enjoy them for why you picked them in the first place. I agree with the reply above me, the way to go is doing small achievable bits, and giving yourself grace with your work! Good luck with everything, you got this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest