The Student Room Group

Possible UCAS mistake

I got accepted for my insurance choice but not my firm. But they both require a grade of ABB. How is this possible?
Reply 1
Original post by JoeDevlin_ms
I got accepted for my insurance choice but not my firm. But they both require a grade of ABB. How is this possible?

Do you know your actual grades yet? It's possible you were a near miss (e.g. BBB) and your firm didn't have space to take you, but your insurance did.

If you got grades lower than ABB then each uni has a choice whether they accept you anyway. It sounds like your insurance has decided to accept you, but your firm does not have space. Have you received your results yet?

Yes I agree do you have your grades yet? :smile:

When you do, we can help you further but if you've met your offer then the uni (who will make the decision) have to take you.

If your grades are ABB or higher, you should contact the firm uni directly.
Reply 4
Original post by Interea
Do you know your actual grades yet? It's possible you were a near miss (e.g. BBB) and your firm didn't have space to take you, but your insurance did.

https://www.gcs.ac.uk/news/how-to-get-your-exam-qualification-results-august-2023
Reply 5

It is likely that you narrowly missed the grades ABB or didn't get the A in the subject they wanted. So your Firm could reject you but your Insurance was more lenient and accepted you.
Reply 6
No I don’t. I should get them in about half an hour. It’s probably a near miss then, thanks for your guy’s help. I’ll definitely contact the uni if I get the entry.
No I don’t. I should get them in about half an hour. It’s probably a near miss then, thanks for your guy’s help. I’ll definitely contact the uni if I get the entry.

How did your results go?
Reply 8
Original post by Lemur14
How did your results go?

CCC - Somebody at HQ deserves to lose their job over accepting me. Is there any way I can get the student number now or do I have to wait until Swansea sends me an email?
CCC - Somebody at HQ deserves to lose their job over accepting me. Is there any way I can get the student number now or do I have to wait until Swansea sends me an email?

Wait until Swansea sends an email I'd say :yep:

I suspect you may have to wait for Swansea to contact you - although some unis have a portal which it may be listed on if Swansea has that?
Reply 11
Thanks everyone you’ve all been very helpful. - I’ll be closing my thread down now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending