The Student Room Group

UEA or Cardiff for Law

I've never visited either cities but I got offers for both through clearing. Any advice on which one I should pick? What are the cities like compared to each other?
Original post by Danyal..
I've never visited either cities but I got offers for both through clearing. Any advice on which one I should pick? What are the cities like compared to each other?

It's East vs. West

Cardiff is the largest city in Wales, but from when I've been there it's always felt quite compact in terms of things to do - city centre is bustling with lots to do in a small area. Uni is within the city, but a short walk out from the centre. UEA I've never been to but I believe is more of a campus. Norwich isn't exactly huge and bustling from the few times I've visited. But I do know a few people who have gone there and been very happy. :grin:

This is a really nice choice to have :smile:

If I can help more - let me know -

MR
:bl:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
It's East vs. West

Cardiff is the largest city in Wales, but from when I've been there it's always felt quite compact in terms of things to do - city centre is bustling with lots to do in a small area. Uni is within the city, but a short walk out from the centre. UEA I've never been to but I believe is more of a campus. Norwich isn't exactly huge and bustling from the few times I've visited. But I do know a few people who have gone there and been very happy. :grin:

This is a really nice choice to have :smile:

If I can help more - let me know -

MR
:bl:

Thank you so much! I'm gutted that I missed the grades for UCL which was my firm but I'm lucky to have gotten nice offers through clearing. I'm really stuck between the two but I'm leaning slightly more towards Cardiff.

My insurance choice is University of York, which I got into for English BA. However I've changed my mind and I think I'd rather do law which is why I'm considering other choices.
(edited 8 months ago)
Thank you so much! I'm gutted that I missed the grades for UCL which was my firm but I'm lucky to have gotten nice offers through clearing. I'm really stuck between the two but I'm leaning slightly more towards Cardiff.

My insurance choice is University of York, which I got into for English BA. However I've changed my mind and I think I'd rather do law which is why I'm considering other choices.

If you're more of a city person, Cardiff would be my recommendation.
If you like a campus uni, I'd push you to UEA.

So you've placed yourself into clearing? Really cool :biggrin:
Cardiff 100%
Reply 5
That's a hard choice. They are both really nice cities in my opinion.

I think I slightly prefer Norwich as it has a lot of character, independent shops, loads of cafes, bars, cinema city (independent cinema). But Cardiff is great too.

I would probably also prefer UEA for the campus vibe but that's me, I prefer campus unis. Honestly, you won't go far wrong with either choice.

Hey @Danyal.. :smile:

I went through Clearing to get into UEA 4 years ago and I do not regret my decision! Like you, I was stuck between 2 unis, one of which I had visited previously but didn’t put in my top 2 final choices and UEA but had never visited Norwich. If you want a campus uni, I'd say UEA is perfect for that. Everything is on campus and there's a real sense of community because of it, and the Law building at UEA is really cool (Taylor Swift used one of the seminar rooms as a dressing room once!). The campus is also a short bus ride into the city and the buses are direct and frequent. Norwich has so much to offer, from independent restaurants and cafes to the iconic markets, it's a really wonderful city with so much to do.

If you can, I'd definitely recommend trying to attend a Clearing Open Day, I know when I did it gave me more confidence that I actually wanted to come to UEA and I got to talk to current students more. If not, we have virtual Open Days you can view here, or I would also suggest DMing the UEA Law Society on Instagram if you want to find out more about the course from a current student :smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending