The Student Room Group

I'm scared to abandon my sister after if I leave for university.

My sister (6y.o) sits on her ipad ALL DAY. my dad is at work from 6 am till like 7pm, so when he comes back hes too tired to play or talk with her with full interest. my mom also works at home thus is always busy and when shes not, she just sleeps. basically my sister is just left to do her own thing on her ipad (watch youtube, shorts, roblox etc) with no supervision and I feel like shes slowly becoming addicted to it and is chronically online. its not like my parents completely neglect her, mom makes her food and buys her necessities and whatever she wishes for but neither of my parents are emotionally available to her (i.e never discipline her properly, never show a real interest in her) and i can tell how detached they will soon become if it keeps going on this way. Im also the only one who tries to make her pursue her old interests (ie drawing, playing with dolls) that she used to do when she was younger and try to limit her screen time but I'm leaving for uni next year and i really really dont want to leave her in this environment because i feel like theres still hope. what do i do? how do i approach this convo with my parents where i tell them how harmful this all is? (they are older and also english isnt their first language)
well first off its sad that this is what this generation has come to but your parents are working to provide for u guys but they still need to spend time with her before she grows up to be bratty and wanting nothing to do with them. maybe once ur gone they'll realise they need to raise her actually. have a convo with them before u go to uni and at least u would've tried ur best. good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending