The Student Room Group

Going to Drayton manor alone - Send help!!

I'm so scared and nervous. I'm excited but at the same time I don't want to go cos I'll be alone 😭 I've got no friends to go with and don't want to go with family, they're not available anyway. I'm worried about the journey there because after the bus it's a 20-30 min walk and involves kind of like a motorway but there's a footpath on one side for people to walk. I feel like I'll be the only one walking there which isn't safe. Has anyone ever been alone, how was your experience?
Original post by Anonymusy
I'm so scared and nervous. I'm excited but at the same time I don't want to go cos I'll be alone 😭 I've got no friends to go with and don't want to go with family, they're not available anyway. I'm worried about the journey there because after the bus it's a 20-30 min walk and involves kind of like a motorway but there's a footpath on one side for people to walk. I feel like I'll be the only one walking there which isn't safe. Has anyone ever been alone, how was your experience?

Yes, I was a complete loner in college. My taxi driver abandoned me once and I almost had to walk home. I had no friends to go to, since they kept ditching me on purpose. After that incident, I’m far too reluctant and vulnerable to travel with strangers on my own. Actually, I caught my taxi driver going 85mph on a motorway. The speed limit on a motorway is 70mph and I was terrified. I’m sorry that you went through all of that.
Reply 2
Update: I went yesterday and everything was fine. On the way it was just mostly me walking on that footpath I was worried about, there was a cyclist too but no one else. On the way back however there was loads of people most of which who also went the park. Also was a lot of staring for being the only one alone at the park and I could find the bus stop to get to my cit from there, was going in circles and had to ask someone for directions also travel was expensive as I had to use 2 different bus companies but apart from that it was good.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymusy
Update: I went yesterday and everything was fine. On the way it was just mostly me walking on that footpath I was worried about, there was a cyclist too but no one else. On the way back however there was loads of people most of which who also went the park. Also was a lot of staring for being the only one alone at the park and I could find the bus stop to get to my cit from there, was going in circles and had to ask someone for directions also travel was expensive as I had to use 2 different bus companies but apart from that it was good.

well done for going and facing your fears! I went to Drayton Manor not long ago. The start of Accelerator was the worst it took forever to go up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending