The Student Room Group

I regret boarding school

I just aply to a islamic boarding school i thoght it was a good idea since my phsycall health is not the best and school that near my place have class that needs lots of energy so the next day i usually get sick due to over working so i decided to go to a boarding school but i regret it i wanna go home but im scared on what my parents would think esspesially they're asian and they used up so many money to get me in im afraid that they would be assamed of me

My aunt and uncle always like to spread rumors esspesially when my older sister quit collage im afraid that they would spread rumors about me

But i cant take it anymore i hate it there i alwasy miss home i miss my mom i miss my dad i miss my older sister i miss my friends and bff i miss everyone i dont know what to do i alwasy cry when i think about them i cant do it anymore but im scared of what my parents would think of me...what should i do?...
Hi there!! Sounds like a really tough situation, but you are not alone!! I'm sure that not only are other people at your school feeling this way, but so are first years all around the world - myself included! I moved into my university 2 days ago, and I miss my parents a lot to the point I've considered quitting. However, try and balance your need to leave and live with your parents again with your ambitions, how you can take advantage of this new freedom, what friends you can make, and other stuff like that!! As someone who is finding it hard to adjust to the change of living by myself, don't consider it a weakness that you miss your parents - it's completely natural and it is a very understandable feeling. If you feel comfortable, speak with staff concerned with student wellbeing - you'd be surprised at how many students have been feeling the same way as you!

Another great thing to do is get involved. Even if you don't want to beforehand, it's a great idea to put yourself out there and join clubs, and speak to people whose rooms are near to yours. Once you make some good friends (no rush on this btw!!), your perspective will change.

Good luck my friend!! Don't be afraid to reach out again if you need some support 💖
As the above person has mentioned, If you need anyone to reach out to I am also here to talk to my private messages are open :smile:

I hope things have gotten better or at least you have settled in. I understand the feeling as I had to be away from home for 2 years due to working away from home. It was difficult at first I cried every night too and had no one to talk to. My high school friends were all doing their own thing so I was stuck alone and having to interact on a daily basis with the workers at the place where I was staying at. I think over time you end up growing as a person and you have to find what makes you happy and what you can do to make you feel motivated and happy in different situations. For me that motivation/happiness came from watching anime and also playing games that could let me escape reality but in the end you have to face reality and show it who is boss.
Good luck :smile:
I also went to an islamic boarding school and let me tell u it is HARD. The first year is especially the toughest but trust me it gets better! I literally fell in love with it but then I went abroad and got kicked out. It was the most heart breaking moment of my life. So hang on u can do it. I know u can. Best of luck❤️

Quick Reply

Latest