The Student Room Group

Which program should i choose for undergrad?

So i got my results today (as of 17th Aug 2023). They are DCD.
I will re sit for two of my subjects, hoping to get at least ABD. Question is which undergrad program should i do?
Reply 1
Original post by A_u_r
I will re sit for two of my subjects, hoping to get at least ABD. Question is which undergrad program should i do?

Will you be taking a gap year to resit?
What are you interested in and what subjects do you do, perhaps there are some unis with lower entry requirements, which may accpet you through clearing perhaps through a foundation year, I am not too sure on that though..
Original post by A_u_r

Hey @A_u_r :smile:

Have you had a think about your interests, strengths and potential career goals? That'll help you make an informed decision about what to study. What do you enjoy studying, what engages you? Take a look at different university course pages and look into the modules, if they offer placements or internships, what the facilities are like, the support they offer at the uni.

Check out virtual tours on their website, read student blogs and watch videos about their experience, you can also try chatting to some students directly using unibuddy which a lot of uni's use. I would recommend booking onto some open days though to get a feel for the campuses, but if you can't then check out the virtual tours/resources. You'll also be able to book onto course specific talks and speak to academics.

You could reach out to some academic advisors / career counsellors at your school/college and get some advice.

Good luck with making your decision, I'm sure you'll find the right course for you! And good luck for the resits :smile:

Becky
Reply 3
Original post by UserM09
Will you be taking a gap year to resit?
What are you interested in and what subjects do you do, perhaps there are some unis with lower entry requirements, which may accpet you through clearing perhaps through a foundation year, I am not too sure on that though..

to be honest i wish to study biology and yes i will re sit but what if my re sit is not as good. So assuming that this is the lowest i can get what are my choices?
Reply 4
Original post by A_u_r
to be honest i wish to study biology and yes i will re sit but what if my re sit is not as good. So assuming that this is the lowest i can get what are my choices?

Do you have any specific university in mind? And what subjects did you do and what grade did you get for them as if you aren't aiming for a Russel group you should be able to phone up for clearing, my sister was in the same position 2 years back. I think you should try at least as once you get the degree alevels do not matter as much. However retaking is a good idea if you want to improve your grades and go to a good uni of your choice but you have to make sure you're prepared to do the work and are committed to working hard to resit

Quick Reply

Latest