The Student Room Group

What uni do I choose for MA Game Art?

Hey guys!

I am currently finishing up my Undergrad in Computer Science in India and I have applied for some MA courses in the UK.
- Goldsmiths University: MA Computer Game Art & Design
- University of Hertfordshire: MA Game Art & Design
- Brunel University - MA Digital Games Theory & Design
- Kingston University - MA Game Development(Design)

I have so far got acceptances from all of the above except Kingston. I am interested in pursuing game design as a career and find myself a job in london itself after my course, mostly something like 3D artist or environment artist or level designer as I'd say I enjoy 3D modelling a lot.

I'm having a lot of trouble deciding which uni to finally choose since its a very niche course and there has been a lot of mixed reviews in general for each university.
Would be great if i could get some input and some help!
Reply 1
What are the pros and cons of each uni?
Original post by RPisOP
Hey guys!
I am currently finishing up my Undergrad in Computer Science in India and I have applied for some MA courses in the UK.
I have so far got acceptances from all of the above except Kingston. I am interested in pursuing game design as a career and find myself a job in london itself after my course, mostly something like 3D artist or environment artist or level designer as I'd say I enjoy 3D modelling a lot.
I'm having a lot of trouble deciding which uni to finally choose since its a very niche course and there has been a lot of mixed reviews in general for each university.
Hi, which uni did you choose in the end? my situation is quite similar to yours.
Original post by RPisOP
Hey guys!
Hi @RPisOP

Congratulations on the multiple admissions. It’s lovely to hear that you are considering Kingston University as one of your options. It is usually busy this time of the year but I am certain you would receive a response in the coming weeks.

One wonderful thing about the MA Game Development (Design) at Kingston is its top-notch VR & AR centre and first-class development facilities which would be beneficial considering your interest in 3D modelling. Kingston also has an educational partnership with Sony so you would get to develop games for Play Station 5 as part of your course.

If you're eyeing opportunities in London's gaming scene, Kingston's location is a real win. Being right in London means you are in the thick of one of the world's biggest gaming hubs. Likewise, the course offers a placement option which allows you to gain work experience and develop essential skills that employers look for.

Of course, choosing the right university is a big decision, and it's got to feel right for you. I would recommend contacting any of our student ambassadors via this link, to find out more information. You can also sign up for an Open Event to speak to current students and staff and have a better feel of the school before you make a decision.

Please free to reach out if you have any more questions.

Goodluck!

Roseline
Kingston University PG Student Rep
Original post by BigBrowser
Hi, which uni did you choose in the end? my situation is quite similar to yours.

Hey did you choose your university?
Original post by RPisOP
Hey guys!

Hey!

At Brunel University, our MA in Digital Games Theory & Design offers a dynamic pathway into the thriving gaming industry. Led by games designers and scholarly experts, our program provides a comprehensive understanding. Regardless of your background, our inclusive approach welcomes all passionate about gaming, equipping you with the skills to create innovative games for the future. Through hands-on projects, collaborative opportunities, and engagement with industry professionals, you'll emerge ready to thrive in the fast-paced world of game design.

Join us at Brunel and immerse yourself in a transformative learning experience that combines academic rigor with practical skills. Explore the exciting realms of digital games, connect with like-minded peers and industry leaders, and unleash your creativity to shape the next generation of gaming experiences. Whether you dream of designing immersive worlds or pioneering new gameplay mechanics, our MA program is your gateway to success in this dynamic and rapidly evolving field.

Join us on our open day to learn more!

Best,

Amberin

Quick Reply

Latest