The Student Room Group

Got a conditional offer accepted despite not achieving the conditions

So early today I got my A level resit result and I got a B in physics, meaning that I wouldn't be able to go to Bristol (my insurance choice that asked for an A) or Manchaster (my firm choice that asked for a A*).

However, I've recently updated my UCAS application (it was confirming if I got my place for manchester) and it now says that Manchester has declined me (as expected) but my place at Bristol has been confirmed.

I contacted the university of Bristol via a phone call and after the lady I spoke to asked her supervisor she said that if UCAS displays that I got the offer then it is confirmed.

What is happening? Is there some error (despite what the lady at university of Bristol said) or can a uni accept me even if I didn't reach the conditional offer?
Reply 1
universities are still allowed to take you despite missing your offer

between giving you a place despite being 1 grade below your offer, and opening your place up to clearing, they'd probably rather just take you

well done!
Reply 2
theres no error! congratulations on getting in :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL
universities are still allowed to take you despite missing your offer

between giving you a place despite being 1 grade below your offer, and opening your place up to clearing, they'd probably rather just take you

well done!

How long do unis usually take to send me the further information UCAS claims that they'll send?
(I have received no emails from the university of Bristol today)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Solaris_21
How long do unis usually take to send me the further information UCAS claims that they'll send?
(I have received no emails from the university of Bristol today)

i don't know but you can comfortably wait a few days
(edited 8 months ago)
Your insurance decided to accept you anyway. Congratulations on securing a university place! :biggrin:
Congrats! No mistake, as others have said it's not unusual to accept someone who may be a grade lower as releasing you and then trying to fill your space would be a lot more work for everyone. It's not all just about grades, your PS may have had an influence to or an academic may have received your application and thought you deserved to be on the course. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending