The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Uni of York lenience with grade requirements?

Hi,
I have an offer to study psychology at UoY if I get ABB. Do you think if I got AAC instead they’d still let me in?
(edited 10 months ago)
York will only know this once they process this years A-Level results. It's dependant on whether they have space after accepting other offer holders.
University of York
York
Original post by grace21r
Hi,
I have an offer to study psychology at UoY if I get ABB. Do you think if I got AAC instead they’d still let me in?

So i finished A levels in 2021 and am going to UOY in 2024. I applied this year with my grades of AAC whilst the grade requirements are on the website were AAA (computer science/mathematics), despite this I still got a place to study at UoY. I think York are quite lenient and also I think most courses usually accept grades or equal to e.g. they might ask for AAA or equivalent so A*AB is also ok. Hopefully you get a place! :smile:
Hi,

It may vary from course to course but it is likely yes. My son got in to York with one grade lower than his offer. Try and attend the offer day too and make sure you sign in on the day so they know you are there, that won't do you any harm.
Hi,

Hi,

You may be accepted onto your course if you miss the conditions of your offer slightly. All applicants who have missed their conditions will be reviewed by the relevant department and a decision will be confirmed via UCAS Hub which you'll be able to see on Results Day.

Hope this helps!

Hazel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending