The Student Room Group

ucas points and grades

hi, I was just wondering which was more relevant. If the course says in their entry requirement '*** points that can be made from a combo of whatever' but the UCAS actually gives you a condition consisting of grades, are the points relevant or the grades?
Only the offer text is binding.

If they list UCAS points on their website they might take them into account, but they're not obliged to if they only stated grades in the offer.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Only the offer text is binding.

If they list UCAS points on their website they might take them into account, but they're not obliged to if they only stated grades in the offer.

ok that makes sense because in the actual website, they said that the ucas points were the priority and then listed a bunch of qualifications that make up the points. I just got confused when I saw my UCAS condition was the grades equivalent
Original post by onlinegyaah
ok that makes sense because in the actual website, they said that the ucas points were the priority and then listed a bunch of qualifications that make up the points. I just got confused when I saw my UCAS condition was the grades equivalent

Are the points on the uni's own website, or on UCAS?
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Are the points on the uni's own website, or on UCAS?

on the uni's own website, my actual conditional offer on UCAS doesn't have the points
Original post by onlinegyaah
on the uni's own website, my actual conditional offer on UCAS doesn't have the points

That's unusual. If a uni is happy to accept points on results day, they'll often put in their offer, "achieve AAB or XYZ points from three A-Levels" or somesuch.

I think it would be worth contacting the uni to clarify whether they'll accept tariff point equivalents to your offer. Try and get something in writing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending