The Student Room Group

Laptop for engineering

So I'm going to be studying engineering this September and I was wondering what laptop I should use. I currently have a MacBook and I'm planning to get an iPad for notes is that okay????
Hey @hat25 -- I don't see why it wouldn't be, providing your MacBook is powerful enough to run CAD/CAM software (if that's the sort of engineering you're going to university for), then it sounds like a solid choice to me. An iPad for note taking is a great idea if that's how you prefer to work (i.e. over pen/paper/typing).
Reply 2
Original post by Charles III
Hey @hat25 -- I don't see why it wouldn't be, providing your MacBook is powerful enough to run CAD/CAM software (if that's the sort of engineering you're going to university for), then it sounds like a solid choice to me. An iPad for note taking is a great idea if that's how you prefer to work (i.e. over pen/paper/typing).

Ok, thank you!!!
Reply 3
As long as your laptop is powerful enough you should be fine.
I feel a MacBook Air does the job but tbh I'd probably be looking at a MBP in your situation just to cover myself.

Try asking around what software you might be using and scope out compatability.

Some software may be Windows only (some are for my course) so you'd work around that by running a Windows emulator when you need it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending