The Student Room Group

computer Science

Which uni is better for Computer Science, Royal Holloway or Surrey
Two really wonderful universities with so much to offer! a nice dillema to have! @University of Surrey can you help here?
They are more or less the same and both have good links into london. So I think it depends on what you think of The area they are in and also what the modules on the course are like
Original post by Anonymous

Hey! Maybe write up a pro's and con's list for both and look at the modules, facilities, learning and assessment, alumni success stories so you can see where their recent grads have gone on to work. You could also check out student profiles, blogs and course videos which you would find on the uni website/social media channels and get an insight into what it's like to be a computer science student at each university. You might also find some of their current computer sci students are available to chat to directly via unibuddy - worth a look!

Good luck with your decision, I wish you the best of luck :smile:

Becky
Reply 4
Original post by University of Bradford
Hey! Maybe write up a pro's and con's list for both and look at the modules, facilities, learning and assessment, alumni success stories so you can see where their recent grads have gone on to work. You could also check out student profiles, blogs and course videos which you would find on the uni website/social media channels and get an insight into what it's like to be a computer science student at each university. You might also find some of their current computer sci students are available to chat to directly via unibuddy - worth a look!

Good luck with your decision, I wish you the best of luck :smile:

Becky

Thank you, i will look write a pro and cons list
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there!

I'm happy to hear you're considering Surrey :smile:

Computer Science is a very exciting course - you can find all you need to know about it over here. I think Surrey has a nice touch which is that you can choose to do either a BSc or MEng pathway, and you can switch to MEng even after having started a BSc. That gives you an advantage over other candidates when applying for jobs in the future.

As mentioned above, the area of your chosen university also matters, which is why I like telling people how much I like Guildford :biggrin: It has the perfect balance between student life and peaceful living, offering everything you need as a student - supermarkets dotted around, great campus outlets, nightclubs around town, lovely green parks to visit, and links to London from 30 mins, with the train station being only a 10 min walk from campus.

I am without a doubt enjoying my time here and don't plan to move anytime soon :tongue:

Hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending