The Student Room Group

Really need help

Got rejected from my firm because I got a*ad and not AAA - im gettibg the D remarked because I 100% believe my exam papers were A standard (I’ve got the script back) but in case that doesn’t work out I have a place at royal Holloway through clearing

The thing is i don’t want to go there - the area is absolutely dead and I really think I won’t make any friends there, however I really don’t want to stay at home and resit so I’m basically fcked 😭😭😭😭 if anyone could give me some advice i would really appreciate it, I don’t feel comfortable speaking to my friends and family about this
Hey @cinamonbun22

Sorry you're in a tough situation! Are there any other unis that you'd like to go to? Clearing is still open at a lot of universities, so you could still have other options
Original post by cinamonbun22
Got rejected from my firm because I got a*ad and not AAA - im gettibg the D remarked because I 100% believe my exam papers were A standard (I’ve got the script back) but in case that doesn’t work out I have a place at royal Holloway through clearing

The thing is i don’t want to go there - the area is absolutely dead and I really think I won’t make any friends there, however I really don’t want to stay at home and resit so I’m basically fcked 😭😭😭😭 if anyone could give me some advice i would really appreciate it, I don’t feel comfortable speaking to my friends and family about this

Hey @cinamonbun22

I'm sorry your results weren't what you were expecting. Please try not to worry- there are plenty of options going forward. Getting the D remarked sounds like a good idea, have you let your firm choice know that you are doing this?

You may find that royal holloway exceeds your expectations- this could be a blessing in disguise, but if you don't think you'd be happy there, it might be worth looking at other options. You can call our clearing hotline on 0800 289 9542, we're here to help.

You might also want to consider taking a gap year, but reapplying with the grades you've got rather than resiting- they are really good results and you should be incredibly proud of them!

Good luck!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest