The Student Room Group

Stats help a level math

I’m really stressed about statistics. I understand what happens in class but when I come home and do past paper questions they’re so hard and I barely get any questions right.
My teacher is new so we’re his first A level class, but he teaches us like he teaches his year 9s and 10s.
Our end of topic assessments have questions from the book and everyone knows that questions from the book are WAY WAY easier than past paper questions.
I get 80%-90% in his class and so everyone thinks I understand statistics but I honestly don’t and I think it’s gonna ruin my grade. What do I do???
My teacher is also never free when I need help so I have no way of getting any help. I’m so stressed I’m at the verge of breaking down
I really really need guidance
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by Aeshakhan
I’m really stressed about statistics. I understand what happens in class but when I come home and do past paper questions they’re so hard and I barely get any questions right.
My teacher is new so we’re his first A level class, but he teaches us like he teaches his year 9s and 10s.
Our end of topic assessments have questions from the book and everyone knows that questions from the book are WAY WAY easier than past paper questions.
I get 80%-90% in his class and so everyone thinks I understand statistics but I honestly don’t and I think it’s gonna ruin my grade. What do I do???
My teacher is also never free when I need help so I have no way of getting any help. I’m so stressed I’m at the verge of breaking down

Hi @Aeshakhan

A resource that really helped me when revising for Maths A Level was Maths Genie. They have loads of exam style questions broken down into topics which I found really helpful. After having a go at some of the questions in the textbook I worked my way through the questions by topic as well as having a go at some of the past papers. I think exam style questions are the best way to revise to get used to the question types (especially for the applied paper) so it might be worth asking your teacher if they have access to more exam questions just so you can get as much practice in as possible.

I hope this was helpful and good luck with your exams :smile:

Jess
Reply 2
Original post by Aeshakhan

Heya!

Keep doing past papers and make sure to also go through the mark scheme and identify WHY you have lost the marks and HOW you can improve your own answers next time :h: Ask your teacher for some help and be firm about it, try scheduling some time by explaining that you really need some help. You could also get a tutor to ask if you really need it. If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free maths resources with mark schemes.

I hope this helps!
MIlena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest