The Student Room Group

nhs bursary question

hi, ive signed up for student finance a bit late but I have a question. am I eligible for an nhs bursary because its a medical course? do i have to include infromation about this before i submit the student loans application? Ive set the tuition fee as the max but should I take into account the bursary or no??
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by bigbooty
hi, ive signed up for student finance a bit late but I have a question. am I eligible for an nhs bursary because its a medical course? do i have to include infromation about this before i submit the student loans application? Ive set the tuition fee as the max but should I take into account the bursary or no??

Hi there,

You need to speak to the NHS or financial department at the university to confirm your eligibility for the NHS funding.

Thanks, Clare

Can you clarify if you are studying medicine/dentistry, or a healthcare degree (nursing, radiography, physio, etc.)? And where is your uni - England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland? The NHS funding available varies by course and uni location so the additional info would help.
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
Can you clarify if you are studying medicine/dentistry, or a healthcare degree (nursing, radiography, physio, etc.)? And where is your uni - England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland? The NHS funding available varies by course and uni location so the additional info would help.

medicine in england (uni of leicester) but I realise that the bursary is only for med students in year 5? Correct me if im wrong though
medicine in england (uni of leicester) but I realise that the bursary is only for med students in year 5? Correct me if im wrong though

You are right - year 5 (& 6) for an undergrad pre-reg course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending