The Student Room Group

Official: University of Nottingham A100 2024 Entry Applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Busybee101
Bh the way if people don't know KCL went into clearing last year and so did EXETER

Oh yes, a friend didn't get offer fm any med school.
He was accepted by another course in KCL (his 5th choice), and KCL contacted him and asked if he would like to switch to medic after he achieved 3A*! He received the offer in Sept!
Original post by beloisaac
He was accepted by another course in KCL (his 5th choice), and KCL contacted him and asked if he would like to switch to medic after he achieved 3A*! He received the offer in Sept!

Hence I prove my point . Thank you for sharing your side so people don't settle for something in desperation . Think well and know your worth .
Bh the way if people don't know KCL went into clearing last year and so did EXETER

these 2 were rare occurrences because so many people missed their grades last year with the grade boundaries returning to normal. Don't bank on clearing even though it is an option gap years aren't too bad
Original post by gleeclubmediator
these 2 were rare occurrences because so many people missed their grades last year with the grade boundaries returning to normal. Don't bank on clearing even though it is an option gap years aren't too bad

Yep. Agreed. Last year was exceptional and not the norm at all. However, I guess no one knows for certain how it will all pan out this year. Keeping an open mind in relation to all possibilities - waiting lists, Clearing and a gap year - a good idea.

Good luck all.
Heyy just got another email from Notts about the opt in for waitlist, turns out the interview was a mistake and they will be giving offers if you have already been interviewed and a space frees up

I think it was for internationals only (at least KCL was) as it was in the days before UK A Level results and had disappeared by the time A level results were published. I am not sure about Exeter.
Hi guys, I got a rejection for A10L with option to opt in or choose alternative course. I have two other med offers already so I chose not to opt in and i clicked the link to "withdraw application". What will happen next, will the uni remove my application or do I have to do it myself on UCAS?

and hull york
Original post by Nimra12
Yh same they offered me the waiting list or alternative course. Did they send the same to everyone?

I didn't get offered to be put on a waiting list, the email only mentions alt courses

edit: this was 5 days ago btw (march 26th)
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Reply 609
has anyone else not gotten a response
Original post by reubenn05

Welcome to the University of Nottingham A100 2024 Entry Discussion.
Nottingham A100 2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7252488
For general information click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy...edSci+and+BMBS
For entry requirements: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy...edSci+and+BMBS
Selection process/scoring: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study-with-us/undergraduate/undergraduate-medicine/undergraduate-selection-process.aspx
General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
Good luck!

Hi, I am a graduate (23yrs) and am starting on the undergraduate medicine course at Nottingham in September. Is anyone else on here also in the same boat? Unsure whether to go into halls or find a house! Thanks x
Original post by Tash097
Hi, I am a graduate (23yrs) and am starting on the undergraduate medicine course at Nottingham in September. Is anyone else on here also in the same boat? Unsure whether to go into halls or find a house! Thanks x

hi Tash, it sounds like you need an official offer holders’ thread for Nottingham medics ( can you ask reubenn or another)
Original post by MedMama
hi Tash, it sounds like you need an official offer holders’ thread for Nottingham medics ( can you ask reubenn or another)

Hi, ok yes I will do! Thanks
Original post by MedMama

@reubenn05 Any chance you could add me to this? Thanks a lot 🙂

that’s great for him
but also, it illustrates that medicine clearing is not ‘clearing’ in the conventional sense but more of a way for shrewd medical admissions to hoover up top candidates who fell through the net earlier in the selection process
also, my understanding is they would still have to have an interview
Original post by MedMama
that’s great for him
but also, it illustrates that medicine clearing is not ‘clearing’ in the conventional sense but more of a way for shrewd medical admissions to hoover up top candidates who fell through the net earlier in the selection process
also, my understanding is they would still have to have an interview

Does anyone know what’s happening with the applicants on the opt in list pre interview?
How many will be on waiting list?

Did he accept his 5th choice for this to happen?
Just received an offer today after being on the opt in waitlist. Does anyone know if there is a group chat for offer holders? Or if there is an offer holders thread?
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by Rohan.trip
Just received an offer today after being on the opt in waitlist. Does anyone know if there is a group chat for offer holders? Or if there is an offer holders thread?

Woahh congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending