The Student Room Group

University of Lincoln A10L (Nottingham at Lincoln) Applicant thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by SpoonyManager80
Very sorry to hear this. Was this a full rejection or did they put you on the waitlist?
Have you got other Unis you're waiting to hear from?

no worries - ive opted into the wait list! ive just got 2 rejections today (ouch) and im on a waitlist for brunel and its the last one i need to hear back from. honestly feeling so bad rn
rejected at 3:55 direct from Notts - nothing on UCAS yet. not opting in to the waitlist as I've got an offer from HYMS
Original post by snarps
no worries - ive opted into the wait list! ive just got 2 rejections today (ouch) and im on a waitlist for brunel and its the last one i need to hear back from. honestly feeling so bad rn

Being on a waitlist is good news for now, and fingers crossed you get an offer.

If you don't end up with an offer, try and keep your head as high as you can - you've done better than most, and if you wanted to reapply, I'm sure you could get offers next year. Plenty of people, including myself, end up reapplying and getting offers the following year, so know it's not the end of the road at all.

Best of luck with the waitlists 🙂
Reply 323
Original post by SpoonyManager80
Being on a waitlist is good news for now, and fingers crossed you get an offer.
If you don't end up with an offer, try and keep your head as high as you can - you've done better than most, and if you wanted to reapply, I'm sure you could get offers next year. Plenty of people, including myself, end up reapplying and getting offers the following year, so know it's not the end of the road at all.
Best of luck with the waitlists 🙂

thank you so much for your kind words!! i definitely appreciate them and ill just be hopeful until i get a decision, but ill probably do a gap year. hope you have a wonderful medical journey :smile:
Alhumdullilah just got an offer for A18L! No email, I just logged in to the UCAS hub (actually refreshed for the upteenth time!)

Guys if you’re still waiting, try logging into UCAS

Edit: Ucas email came thru 18.35
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Thumbsup786
Alhumdullilah just got an offer for A18L! No email, I just logged in to the UCAS hub (actually refreshed for the upteenth time!)
Guys if you’re still waiting, try logging into UCAS
Edit: Ucas email came thru 18.35

Congratulations! My daughter received an offer too this evening - UCAS.

If you haven’t heard yet, stay positive. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Even if you have been unsuccessful, don’t give up. Study hard and get those A level grades you need because waiting lists can come good even on results day.
people who opted in for the waiting list- did your confirmation email say

I can confirm that we have received your consent to be contacted by the University of Nottingham if you become eligible for an Interview for 2024 Entry.’

does ‘eligible for an interview’ mean we’ll have to do another interview ?
Reply 327
Original post by neworleans678
people who opted in for the waiting list- did your confirmation email say
I can confirm that we have received your consent to be contacted by the University of Nottingham if you become eligible for an Interview for 2024 Entry.’
does ‘eligible for an interview’ mean we’ll have to do another interview ?

Yeah, I got the same confirmation email. I'm thinking they will do interviews again because the course is so competitive. But I'm not sure how they'd find the time for that.
Original post by mahlol
Yeah, I got the same confirmation email. I'm thinking they will do interviews again because the course is so competitive. But I'm not sure how they'd find the time for that.

Everyone on the waitlist won't get a place . Even if half the people don't take there place or miss grades . They simply can't give offer to everyone on the waitlist . Depending on how many people they have and how strong your application is ( I think they will interview few on the top of waitlist or depending on how close they were to a place and if someone has any places at other unis or not they will interview few not to extend of how extensive the initial interview was but short interviews .
Original post by Busybee101
Everyone on the waitlist won't get a place . Even if half the people don't take there place or miss grades . They simply can't give offer to everyone on the waitlist . Depending on how many people they have and how strong your application is ( I think they will interview few on the top of waitlist or depending on how close they were to a place and if someone has any places at other unis or not they will interview few not to extend of how extensive the initial interview was but short interviews .

Also , my advice or if I was in your shoes would rather go through clearing or take a GAP year . Reason being far too many people opted to be on waitlist for not even knowing if you have a place . With clearing you chose the uni and chances are you skip this interview process and guaranteed a place as they need to fill that space or take gap year and choose better uni options than settling for just for the sake of it with no glimpse of a hope
if i have an offer from another med school i cant opt in? or can i?
Original post by gleeclubmediator

You can't unfortunately
Original post by gleeclubmediator

I think it depends if you firm or insure the other offer, then you won’t be eligible for this one
Also , my advice or if I was in your shoes would rather go through clearing or take a GAP year . Reason being far too many people opted to be on waitlist for not even knowing if you have a place . With clearing you chose the uni and chances are you skip this interview process and guaranteed a place as they need to fill that space or take gap year and choose better uni options than settling for just for the sake of it with no glimpse of a hope

I disagree. If a student doesn’t have any offers, they have absolutely nothing to lose by going on the waiting list. They will know whether they have been successful by 29th June which is before results day. In fact, it could even be later than that. Someone on this/Nottingham thread said that last year, her daughter was wait-listed pre-interview, called for interview in around May and received an offer on results day and started September 2023.

BTW, traditionally most med schools don’t use Clearing and say so on their websites (because they have waiting lists). I understand that last year there were a few more than usual because of the number of students who didn’t make their predicted grades as a result of the return to pre-pandemic levels of difficulty.

So my message is keep trying everything guys, because you never know how things may pan out.
Original post by Thumbsup786
I think it depends if you firm or insure the other offer, then you won’t be eligible for this one

If you have other option than you won't
Original post by Rosienat
I disagree. If a student doesn’t have any offers, they have absolutely nothing to lose by going on the waiting list. They will know whether they have been successful by 29th June which is before results day. In fact, it could even be later than that. Someone on this/Nottingham thread said that last year, her daughter was wait-listed pre-interview, called for interview in around May and received an offer on results day and started September 2023.
BTW, traditionally most med schools don’t use Clearing and say so on their websites (because they have waiting lists). I understand that last year there were a few more than usual because of the number of students who didn’t make their predicted grades as a result of the return to pre-pandemic levels of difficulty.
So my message is keep trying everything guys, because you never know how things may pan out.

I completely disagree ! Most unis do have a few places available but they dont really have externally announce it . If you want more options than clearing would be better option than on waitlist as they won't offer places to all those on the waitlist . They already have given out offers to 100s of offers . This is my opinion but everyone to its own . I just wish you all can get offer . You know your stats better than anyone of us here depending on what you think you can get or can't get don't just rely on waitlist as you can already see as to how many people they put on waitlist so compete tution for few places to number of people on waitlist I mean you know the maths better than mine .
Best option would be do really well on your A levels and once you shave your grades apply next year with better prep for interviews and ucat as you have more time to prepare . You will have much better solid chance of getting to your firm choice uni as grades are in place and you will get unconditional offers . If you think you can't than by no means please do whatever you think is best for you . Wish you all the best of luck to everyone never give up . Keep going you will get there
I completely disagree ! Most unis do have a few places available but they dont really have externally announce it . If you want more options than clearing would be better option than on waitlist as they won't offer places to all those on the waitlist . They already have given out offers to 100s of offers . This is my opinion but everyone to its own . I just wish you all can get offer . You know your stats better than anyone of us here depending on what you think you can get or can't get don't just rely on waitlist as you can already see as to how many people they put on waitlist so compete tution for few places to number of people on waitlist I mean you know the maths better than mine .

I don’t really understand why you are discouraging people from going on a waiting list for a med school that they applied to! This is especially since given the timescales, if they are unsuccessful, they can also go through clearing as well?!

I’ll leave it there.

Good luck to you and everyone on here 🍀🍀🍀
Original post by Rosienat
I don’t really understand why you are discouraging people from going on a waiting list for a med school that they applied to! This is especially since given the timescales, if they are unsuccessful, they can also go through clearing as well?!
I’ll leave it there.
Good luck to you and everyone on here 🍀🍀🍀

I am not discouraging anyone to do anything . I am just telling them what I would do given how many offers and waitlist nottingham has been giving out . I have said everyone knows there situation better please read before coming out with saying I am discouraging . Please .. I am giving my opinion like you gave yours .
You are all clever , smart to have come this far . My intention is not to demoralise but just to say there are lot of options for you to make of this rejection . There are many universities that have places available even the most prestigious universities. Don't ever think it's end of it all . Concentrate on your grades and don't think it's your last resort . Keep checking on google which unis have places available and call them . You will find yourself with a lovely surprise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending