The Student Room Group

University of Lincoln A10L (Nottingham at Lincoln) Applicant thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by holycookie
What does it mean by uni of nottingham at uni of lincoln degree?

that just means the lincoln course
(edited 7 months ago)
would it be enough for nottingham ? I would imagine the cutoff would be lower this year bc 8 and 9s are scored differently and no grade inflation as its the year we acc sat our gcses
Original post by reubenn05
most likley, that's 4 points above last year's cutoff
Original post by neworleans678
would it be enough for nottingham ? I would imagine the cutoff would be lower this year bc 8 and 9s are scored differently and no grade inflation as its the year we acc sat our gcses

cutoff may not be lower, as sjt band = 60 pts, ucat = 60pts, gcses = 32 pts, therefore sjt and ucat both have more weighting than gcses. check interim deciles when they come out to see if the deciles have risen, and if number of band 1s have increased
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 23
just being strategic, i would go for lincoln, but if you're still not sure go to the open days, see which one you prefer. personally i would go for the one further away but that's probably just me lmao

yeahh, thinking about it Lincoln would be the safer option
do you reckon 132 would be safe for nottingham too? :/
Reply 25
do you reckon 132 would be safe for nottingham too? :/

Hey, I have 132 too and reubenn said the cutoff was around 129 for notts last year, so its slightly risky but still worth a shot. But to be safe im going for lincoln (which has a lower cutoff of 125)
Original post by VilasL06
Hey, I have 132 too and reubenn said the cutoff was around 129 for notts last year, so its slightly risky but still worth a shot. But to be safe im going for lincoln (which has a lower cutoff of 125)

Thanks for your reply. Im a bit stuck on where to apply and need another safe option. where else are you thinking?
Reply 27
Thanks for your reply. Im a bit stuck on where to apply and need another safe option. where else are you thinking?

Im thinking of applying to Oxford and Cardiff since I have good GCSEs. Also thinking of Birmingham since I have 8.367 points and the cutoff was around 8.1 last year. What are your GCSEs and UCAT score like?
Im thinking of applying to Oxford and Cardiff since I have good GCSEs. Also thinking of Birmingham since I have 8.367 points and the cutoff was around 8.1 last year. What are your GCSEs and UCAT score like?

Wow best of luck!! my stats are AAA, 9999999998 gcses and 2540 band 1. i'm thinking of HYMS, lincoln and need two more... might do nottingham even though it is a little risky. I dont think I will do cardiff as I got rejected pre interview last year but I know someone who got in so don't worry.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 29
Wow best of luck!! my stats are AAA, 9999999998 gcses and 2540 band 1. i'm thinking of HYMS, lincoln and need two more... might do nottingham even though it is a little risky. I dont think I will do cardiff as I got rejected pre interview last year but I know someone who got in so don't worry.

Oh cool! I got 2630 Band 1 and 14 A*s (im from Wales so we use the old system). I was thinking of HYMS initially but my score was 76 and the cutoff was 77 apparently so I'm not going to risk it. You should also check your HYMS score just in case!

Also note that nottingham and lincoln are linked partners so you only get one interview instead of two. So if you do badly in the interview it could affect your chances for both nottingham and lincoln. Thats why im doing Lincoln and bham instead of lincoln and notts
Oh cool! I got 2630 Band 1 and 14 A*s (im from Wales so we use the old system). I was thinking of HYMS initially but my score was 76 and the cutoff was 77 apparently so I'm not going to risk it. You should also check your HYMS score just in case!

Also note that nottingham and lincoln are linked partners so you only get one interview instead of two. So if you do badly in the interview it could affect your chances for both nottingham and lincoln. Thats why im doing Lincoln and bham instead of lincoln and notts

Ohhh thanks for letting me know I didn't know that. I'll only apply to lincoln then I think. Also I reckon you have a good chance at Cardiff your gcses are greats and you're from wales! good luck!!
Reply 31
Ohhh thanks for letting me know I didn't know that. I'll only apply to lincoln then I think. Also I reckon you have a good chance at Cardiff your gcses are greats and you're from wales! good luck!!

Thanks!! Although cardiff also look at personal statement and academic reference as well, thats why PS is my next priority for the next few weeks. Anyways good luck!!
I’ve got 130 / 152 thinking of applying to Lincoln for 2024 entry - I think that gives me a good chance for interview as cut off was around 123 last year I believe. Does anyone know if they greatly prioritise local applicants as I am not local to Lincoln at all lol .
Original post by 2223333444555
I’ve got 130 / 152 thinking of applying to Lincoln for 2024 entry - I think that gives me a good chance for interview as cut off was around 123 last year I believe. Does anyone know if they greatly prioritise local applicants as I am not local to Lincoln at all lol .

they don't prioritise local applicants at all
Reply 34
Hi, i'm a grad applicant thinking of applying to lincoln. Just wanted to ask if there is a different scoring system for graduates, if so what would it be. Thanks
Original post by dami1405
Hi, i'm a grad applicant thinking of applying to lincoln. Just wanted to ask if there is a different scoring system for graduates, if so what would it be. Thanks

i think just the ucat + sjt is scored for grads, so a score out of 120
Reply 36
i think just the ucat + sjt is scored for grads, so a score out of 120

Thanks so much for the response, any idea of what previous cut offs would’ve been for grad applicants
Original post by dami1405
Thanks so much for the response, any idea of what previous cut offs would’ve been for grad applicants

not sure - have a look at the 2023 thread, skip to the pages where ppl start receiving interviews
What does it mean by uni of nottingham at uni of lincoln degree?

The degree is awarded by Nottingham but u go to school on Lincoln
Reply 39
Is anybody struggling to apply to lincoln medicine on ucas, I keep typing it in but it does not come up with the option to apply? Is it postgrad only?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending