The Student Room Group

miski's GCSE GYG study diary! 💋🧸

guys lets stay motivated only 2-3 months left!! 📚
i've literally been procrastinating so much so i'm hoping y'all will keep me motivated!! 💪🥵
Let's stay accountable together !
I'm going to post my first proper entry later and update when I finish my tasks 😟
Feel free to post your revision tasks as well!
Let's dooo thisssss!! 🤪

Preferred A-level courses:

Biology

Chemistry

Mathematics

English Literature

Subjects I'm taking now:

RS

Food

Bio

Chem

Physics

Maths

english lit and lang

Subjects I have already achieved:

Geography- 8

Psychology- 9

French- 5 😩

Arabic- 9

December mock grades/ reflection:
All sciences bio, physics, chem - 876 - i got 776 - i barely revised for chemistry but I'm really hoping for an 8 in my march mocks and a 9 in the real thing- i may just be delulu but I actually think this is achievable for me if i just STOP PROCRASTINATING
english lit- 7- i got a 6 if anyone has any tips for this, it would be much appreciated! i think i just need to work on timing bc i only completed one and a half questions. i used to get straight 8s and i can't keep lacking.
english language- 8- i got a 7 i think this one just needs more practice icl
maths- 8- i got a 7 i know this isn't the best grade but I came from straight 4s in november so it's a greaaaat improvement
food tech- 7- i got an 8 my coursework and theory mock was so good (i am predicted a 9 for coursework and I got an 8 without revising for theory, bc its just so straight forward) but my teacher is SO ANNOYING AGH
RS- ... @spinalcordinc

Goals for revision:
All sciences- more practice q's!! stop procrastinating miski!
English lit- memorise quotes-analysis-context and messages for each theme
Maths- practice practice practicccceee questionnnss
Food tech- i think i just need to plan for my nea 2 now
RS- memorise quotes and PEEL and practice questions

March mock grade goals:
All Sciences- 888 (achieved grade)
English lit- 8
English language- 8
Maths- 8
Food- 9
RS- 8

Other AMAZINNGGG GYGs I lovee 🥰:
my gcse adventure - The Student Room @milktee
Agent Duck’s GCSE journey - GYG - The Student Room @agent_duck343
Tatakae L's GYG Journey - The Student Room @Tatakae L
gyg - making the most of my education + 2024 goal list - The Student Room @MP_25
¬ lily's bizarre y13 adventure / y13 study journal ゴゴゴ (2023/2024)-@platinumlily

thanks for reading xx
miski 🎀
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by m1sk1
i've literally been procrastinating so much so i'm hoping y'all will keep me motivated!! 💪🥵
I'm going to post my first proper entry later and update when I finish my tasks 😟
Let's dooo thisssss!! 🤪

ahhhh I'll be following along with your journey Good luckk. Also here are some gyg for gcse students that you could look into
my gcse adventure - The Student Room - @milktee
Agent Duck’s GCSE journey - GYG - The Student Room - @agent_duck343

The rest of the gyg that I follow are a levels (including my own) but there are always amazing tips on them too if you ever wanted them.

other than that good luck with everything and I'll be motivating you in your corner
Tatakae L <3
Original post by m1sk1
Let's dooo thisssss!! 🤪

Heyyy
Good luck with your GCSEs and ofc I’ll follow your journey xx
omg okay today i did 0 revision hbu 🥰🥰
Reply 4
Original post by m1sk1
Let's dooo thisssss!! 🤪

yesss you got this 💪💪 us gcse students gotta stick together in these final 3 months 🙏 good luckkk
Reply 5
Original post by Tatakae L
ahhhh I'll be following along with your journey Good luckk. Also here are some gyg for gcse students that you could look into
my gcse adventure - The Student Room - @milktee
Agent Duck’s GCSE journey - GYG - The Student Room - @agent_duck343

The rest of the gyg that I follow are a levels (including my own) but there are always amazing tips on them too if you ever wanted them.

other than that good luck with everything and I'll be motivating you in your corner
Tatakae L <3

thank you sooo much!!
i do want to do a levels in the future especially bio, chem, lit and maths so i will be checking these out!
good luck in your a levels too!! <333
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by milktee
yesss you got this 💪💪 us gcse students gotta stick together in these final 3 months 🙏 good luckkk

yess!
good luck to you too!! 🥰
Reply 7
Original post by spinalcordinc
omg okay today i did 0 revision hbu 🥰🥰

hello my no1 best fan ever
i did chemistry c2 and p2 a bit
i need to revise english language ughhh
Reply 8
Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy

good luck!! i saw you on some other chats hahaha
Reply 9
Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy

@agent_duck343 WHAT DO I DO FOR NEA 2 FOOD
AGH I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR THE SKILLS TRIAL
Original post by m1sk1
thank you sooo much!!
i do want to do a levels in the future especially bio, chem, lit and maths so i will be checking these out!
good luck in your a levels too!! <333

aww thanks,im taking bio, chem and psych so if you ever needed anything dont be shy to ask
Original post by m1sk1
@agent_duck343 WHAT DO I DO FOR NEA 2 FOOD
AGH I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR THE SKILLS TRIAL

What is your title
Reply 12
Original post by m1sk1
yess!
good luck to you too!! 🥰

thank youuu <3
Reply 13
Original post by m1sk1
Let's dooo thisssss!! 🤪

Biology

Chemistry

Mathematics

English Literature

Subjects I'm taking now:

RS

Food

Bio

Chem

Physics

Maths

english lit and lang

Geography- 8

Psychology- 9

French- 5 😩

Arabic- 9

All sciences bio, physics, chem - 876 - i got 776 - i barely revised for chemistry but I'm really hoping for an 8 in my march mocks and a 9 in the real thing- i may just be delulu but I actually think this is achievable for me if i just STOP PROCRASTINATING
english lit- 7- i got a 6 if anyone has any tips for this, it would be much appreciated! i think i just need to work on timing bc i only completed one and a half questions. i used to get straight 8s and i can't keep lacking.
maths- 8- i got a 7 i know this isn't the best grade but I came from straight 4s in november so it's a greaaaat improvement
food tech- 7- i got an 8 my coursework and theory mock was so good (i am predicted a 9 for coursework and I got an 8 without revising for theory, bc its just so straight forward) but my teacher is SO ANNOYING AGH
RS- ... @spinalcordinc

Goals for revision:

March mock grade goals:
English lit- 8
English language- 8
Maths- 8
Food- 9
RS- 8

gyg - making the most of my education + 2024 goal list - The Student Room @MP_25

thanks for reading xx
miski 🎀

7/2/2024
i revised a little bit of c2 structure and bonding and did some educake for p2 electricity!
a bit angry at myself for watching netflix most of the time.
i need to get back in the routine of studying for 40 mins and 10 min breaks but i think im just going to ease into it by doing 30 mins and 10 mins breaks

8/2/2024
i went to a wedding party today so i couldn't do anything
if you know anything about middle eastern weddings, then you know you are leaving with tinnitus and a pounding headache so I couldn't do anything after it

9/2/2024
i did mathswatch in the morning and i don't think i am doing anything tonight bc it's family meeting where all my extended family come to my grandma's house and she needs my help so no revision ig ☹️

10/2/2024 GOAL:

finish half of C2 (i use my notes so i'm basing it off of this) and do practice q's

do 1/4 of p2 (its a really big topic) and do some educakes for the topics i do cover

first part of B2 and like an educake on the heart

finish overdue or not 100% mathswatch

Original post by m1sk1
7/2/2024
i revised a little bit of c2 structure and bonding and did some educake for p2 electricity!
a bit angry at myself for watching netflix most of the time.
i need to get back in the routine of studying for 40 mins and 10 min breaks but i think im just going to ease into it by doing 30 mins and 10 mins breaks

8/2/2024
i went to a wedding party today so i couldn't do anything
if you know anything about middle eastern weddings, then you know you are leaving with tinnitus and a pounding headache so I couldn't do anything after it

9/2/2024
i did mathswatch in the morning and i don't think i am doing anything tonight bc it's family meeting where all my extended family come to my grandma's house and she needs my help so no revision ig ☹️

10/2/2024 GOAL:

finish half of C2 (i use my notes so i'm basing it off of this) and do practice q's

do 1/4 of p2 (its a really big topic) and do some educakes for the topics i do cover

first part of B2 and like an educake on the heart

finish overdue or not 100% mathswatch

good luck with your work tmr and you have done more than me this week so I would say that is a win.
Reply 15
Hi, was wondering what sort of pathway you were interested in with those choices? Current y12 student studying bio chem maths and fm, and I got all A*s for GCSEs so always happy to help if need be.

When watching GCSE students make GYG blogs it makes me realise how useful they would have been for reflection for me in y11 😂 but you're doing fab
Original post by m1sk1
Let's dooo thisssss!! 🤪

Biology

Chemistry

Mathematics

English Literature

Subjects I'm taking now:

RS

Food

Bio

Chem

Physics

Maths

english lit and lang

Geography- 8

Psychology- 9

French- 5 😩

Arabic- 9

RS- ... @spinalcordinc
Goals for revision:
March mock grade goals:
English lit- 8
English language- 8
Maths- 8
Food- 9
RS- 8
¬ lily's bizarre y13 adventure / y13 study journal ゴゴゴ (2023/2024)-@platinumlily
thanks for reading xx
miski 🎀
advice for arabic gcse?
Reply 17
ik this is suuupperrr cliche but what i usually did was watch arab dramas and do vocab tests on phrases i didn't know

also it helps that i already know arabic as it's my 2nd language and i'm just really bad at grammar
Reply 18
Ik this is suuupperrr cliché but what I usually did was watch Arab dramas and do vocab tests on phrases I didn't know. I also tried having full conversations in Arabic with my grandma. Hopefully that makes sense! 🤭
Reply 19
GUYS I LITERALLY HAVEN'T DONE REVISION SINCE MY LAST POST BEFORE TODAY AND I'M DEFINITELY IN A SLUMP!

Does anyone have any tips it's so close to exam season and I'm so anxious.
Thank you so much! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest