The Student Room Group

Official: University of Bristol A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hkz11
does anyone know if bristol will look at ucat post interview. Say I perform amazing on the interview despite my ucat of 2400 b2 ( I am guaranteed an interview). I heard lowest offer given was under this before

offers are given solely on interview performance, but ucat is used as a tiebreaker
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 21
Original post by reubenn05
offers are given solely on interview performance

ive been stressing my predicteds are amazing and my ucat i fumbled 2420 b2 but i've got the same thing with exeter did a programme in year 12 so im hoping i can squeeze a masterclass interview performance out of the both
Hi, I've done the UCAT: 2920 B1, contextual student, 99998877, domestic. Do I stand a chance of obtaining an offer?
Reply 23
Original post by SK-18
Hi, I've done the UCAT: 2920 B1, contextual student, 99998877, domestic. Do I stand a chance of obtaining an offer?

Depends on the final decile scores. Testing ends tomorrow (28th September) so the final scores will be released any day now.

Last year, the UCAT cut off was 2910, so if the top decile score remains the same as last year (2880) then I'd say yeah you stand a chance.
(edited 7 months ago)
Home, got 3000 B2 on UCAT. Achieved A*BC in A Levels, resitting the BC, predicted A*A*(+A* achieved). I am also WP and qualify for the ABB offer. I believe Bristol allow resit A Levels so would this be a good option for me? xx
Reply 25
Got 2930... is it worth applying?
Reply 26
I've got 2930 too - was wondering if you guys think id make the cut off this year???
Achieved A*A*A* and A* EPQ, All 8's and 9's in gcse
Ucat: 3000B1
However, i am a first year uni student.
Let's see how this goes
Hi all,
I am an international student with 3060 and band 3.
Will I get an interview? Thanks
Reply 29
UCAT results are out and the top decile is 2890, a 10 point increase from last year... debating whether or not to apply with 2910...
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 30
Same - I'm really not sure with my 2930
Reply 31
Original post by asdfghjmk
Same - I'm really not sure with my 2930

Yeah, I'm really not sure.

There are less UCAT takers this year + a higher Bristol UCAT cut off last year may make less people to apply to Bristol overall, which would lead to no/a small increase in the cut off. But ultimately, the cut off depends on how many applicants Bristol wants to interview.
Reply 32
Original post by rw14_
Yeah, I'm really not sure.

There are less UCAT takers this year + a higher Bristol UCAT cut off last year may make less people to apply to Bristol overall, which would lead to no/a small increase in the cut off. But ultimately, the cut off depends on how many applicants Bristol wants to interview.

Do you think it's going to stay the same or even decrease? Thing is it increased 40 points from 2870 to 2910 for 2023 entry, and even for 2022 entry it increased from 2830 to 2870. If it increases at the same rate then unfortunately I won't get an interview.

It would be sort of crazy for the cut off to increase that much though surely? Idk tho

I'm not sure what effect less UCAT test takers would really have, surely it doesn't really make a difference to an individual school's cut off? But the score required for the top decile has increased 10 points indicating more high scoring candidates right?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 33
Original post by asdfghjmk
Do you think it's going to stay the same or even decrease? Thing is it increased 40 points from 2870 to 2910 for 2023 entry, and even for 2022 entry it increased from 2830 to 2870. If it increases at the same rate then unfortunately I won't get an interview.

It would be sort of crazy for the cut off to increase that much though surely? Idk tho

I'm not sure what effect less UCAT test takers would really have, surely it doesn't really make a difference to an individual school's cut off? But the score required for the top decile has increased 10 points indicating more high scoring candidates right?

I am hoping that, given that there are less UCAT takers, there will be fewer applications to Bristol *but* the same number of applicants are interviewed, perhaps keeping the cut-off down as the proportion of applicants interviewed is higher... But I may just be waffling...

2023 entry: 2880 9th decile and 2910 cut off (30 above 9th decile)
2022 entry: 2850 9th decile and 2880 cut off (30 above 9th decile)
2021 entry: 2850 9th decile and 2830 cut of (20 below 9th decile)

This year, the 9th decile is 2890. I very much doubt the cut off will exceed 2930.
Original post by joelee0977
Hi all,
I am an international student with 3060 and band 3.
Will I get an interview? Thanks

Can anyone give me some advices? Please.
Any information about cut off grade for international students in previous years?
Any advices are highly appreciated.
Reply 35
Original post by rw14_
I am hoping that, given that there are less UCAT takers, there will be fewer applications to Bristol *but* the same number of applicants are interviewed, perhaps keeping the cut-off down as the proportion of applicants interviewed is higher... But I may just be waffling...

2023 entry: 2880 9th decile and 2910 cut off (30 above 9th decile)
2022 entry: 2850 9th decile and 2880 cut off (30 above 9th decile)
2021 entry: 2850 9th decile and 2830 cut of (20 below 9th decile)

This year, the 9th decile is 2890. I very much doubt the cut off will exceed 2930.

There may be less test takers but couldn't it just be that there are less people with low ucat scores?

In 2022 there were less test takers than 2021, Bristol's cut off still rose 40 points from 2870 to 2910. In fact the difference between the no. of test takers between 2021 and 2022 (856 less) was larger than the difference between this year and last year (749) - so unfortunately I just can't see how that could mean less people with high scores.

I get what you are saying about the deciles, but do you really think it won't exceed 2930? I thought it would reach or exceed that by 10 or 20 points which is unfortunate for me. Ultimately every year more and more people do good on the UCAT as they use established resources and get used to the format of the test. Bristol's cut off is likely to increase I just feel like especially given the score needed for the top decile has increased.

I really do want to apply :/ but unfortunately I think there's a good chance I'll get a pre-interview rejection with 2930
When does Bristol start and end interviewing?
Reply 37
For the last few years has done some interviews first week December and a couple more weeks Jan to Feb.

Says online this year.

They do call to interview in descending UCAT order.
(edited 6 months ago)
would it be pointless to apply to bristol with 2860 UCAT score?
Reply 39
Original post by aarionducky
would it be pointless to apply to bristol with 2860 UCAT score?

It is below the cut off for the last 2 years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending