The Student Room Group

Official: University of Sheffield A100 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Academi
Just wondering anyone with offers, what accommodation are you looking at. Any insight on how it works with Sheffield do they group medics together in accommodations or is it just go for your preference?

you write a profile and can chose who you are with so if you write medic you are more likely to attract medics
Original post by Academi
Just wondering anyone with offers, what accommodation are you looking at. Any insight on how it works with Sheffield do they group medics together in accommodations or is it just go for your preference?

Hi,
They do not group medics together, but as someone said above, you can say you are a medic on your profile and people may pick to be with you (I'm not sure if they are still doing the profile thing though). If not, there are so many medics that it is likely there will be another one in your flat or if not, they'll definitely be some in your block. Everyone walks the same was from the student accommodation to lectures, so you will soon get to know people!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Hi why can’t I book an offer holder day? The medicine one is not showing up? Wanted to go to the April one
Hi! I got onto the reserve list. If anyone could tell me their experience being on the reserve list from last year, what the chances of being put onto the course are from the list, what calling on results day is like ect would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Original post by hmalik105
Hi! I got onto the reserve list. If anyone could tell me their experience being on the reserve list from last year, what the chances of being put onto the course are from the list, what calling on results day is like ect would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Hi sorry I don’t have an answer to your question but I was just wondering - when did you get waitlisted? Did it come through today? I’ve still not heard back and am not sure what to expect at this point.
Original post by ey2244
Hi sorry I don’t have an answer to your question but I was just wondering - when did you get waitlisted? Did it come through today? I’ve still not heard back and am not sure what to expect at this point.

No problem!
I heard back a few weeks ago, think it was the start of March
Not too sure why you've not heard back, maybe ring the uni?
Original post by STUDENTSTUDENT10
Hi why can’t I book an offer holder day? The medicine one is not showing up? Wanted to go to the April one

Hi,

Have you managed to get into contact with anyone from the University about this? The next offer holder day is the 13th of April and you should be able to book onto it, but if not then it may be due to technical issues or something along those lines. The only part of the offer holder open day that requires booking are the subject talks themselves. The other things (campus/library/city/accommodation tours, information stands etc) don't require booking.

Ellie (3rd year English Language and Linguistics student)
Been off TSR for a while.
What was the uCAT cut off in the end for Sheffield.
It seems they did things differently this year.
Reply 1508
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi,
Have you managed to get into contact with anyone from the University about this? The next offer holder day is the 13th of April and you should be able to book onto it, but if not then it may be due to technical issues or something along those lines. The only part of the offer holder open day that requires booking are the subject talks themselves. The other things (campus/library/city/accommodation tours, information stands etc) don't require booking.
Ellie (3rd year English Language and Linguistics student)

Same here. The A100(medicine) not available under UCAS course code in order to book a session etc. Other courses are available
Original post by M.S.R
Same here. The A100(medicine) not available under UCAS course code in order to book a session etc. Other courses are available

Did you not get a special email invite you book on that
Reply 1510
Original post by Justmefornow
Did you not get a special email invite you book on that

Yes, there is a link in the email which takes you to a booking page where you need to select your course first which then displays sessions to choose. However, the dropdown list doesn’t have A100/medicine.

I'm in the same position. On the reserve list. Heard around 3 weeks ago.

I STILL haven't been rejected on UCAS though. Have you?
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by rosesinmygarden
I'm in the same position. On the reserve list. Heard around 3 weeks ago.
I STILL haven't been rejected on UCAS though. Have you?

Nope! Not been rejected on UCAS either. I thought today was the date we'd get the rejected mail, as I remember reading the email about choosing an alternative course stating if I didn't reply back by the 31st it would come on UCAS as rejected, but I'd still be on the reserve list
Does anyone know how the satisfactory health check works?
Reply 1514
Firmed sheffield today and insured Southampton. Declined UEA and withdrawn from Bristol. Best of luck to everyone still waiting and hope you get an offer. Here to the new beginning at Sheffield Union Sept 2024.
Reply 1515
Join at :

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7462791

for discussion on accomodation and getting Sheffield medicine freshers together and if you are looking for a flat mate.
Reply 1516
Nope! Not been rejected on UCAS either. I thought today was the date we'd get the rejected mail, as I remember reading the email about choosing an alternative course stating if I didn't reply back by the 31st it would come on UCAS as rejected, but I'd still be on the reserve list

I emailed them back to say thank you but I would rather not change my option to another course, and they emailed back saying thank you. then the rejection came through about 5 days after I emailed so 2 ish weeks ago.

Not sure what they do if u dont email them about not changing tho.

They did say that I would remain on the reserve list though and I can contact on results day
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Ok
can we not choose our accommodation and the people we r with?
Anyone having problem with booking accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending