The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by reubenn05

Welcome to the University of Liverpool A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

Liverpool A100 2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7252476

General info + entry requirements: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/courses/2023/medicine-and-surgery-mbchb

UCAT cutoff last year (school leaver, home): 2660

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

UCAT: 2680 Band 1
Predicted: 4A*
GCSEs: All 9s
AS: 4As (Maximum being an A at AS)
Non-contextual
Home student

I know the cutoff was 2660 so I dont know if its impossible for me to get in this year. Thanks!
Original post by pacochan
Non-contextual
Home student

I know the cutoff was 2660 so I dont know if its impossible for me to get in this year. Thanks!

you would have safer options
Original post by pacochan
Non-contextual
Home student

I am a current student at Liverpool. Even though there are safer options, I got into the uni with a ucat score of 2620 b2 so it may be worth the shot
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Sad_Times4000
I am a current student at Liverpool. Even though there are safer options, I got into the uni with a ucat score of 2620 b2 so it may be worth the shot

how are you finding the course and the uni overall? :smile:
Original post by _starlighttt.
how are you finding the course and the uni overall? :smile:

not too bad so far. We are just about finishing off the foundation block content, which is just A-level bio with some extra info. The uni itself is pretty nice and the city its in is amazing. Great night life!! Everyone that I've talked to is really nice.
Reply 85
PARENT TIPS

If you haven't already, make a note of your Liverpool Uni Student ID number (on any ack letter) you will need it to sign into the Liv Uni portal and to apply for accommodation.

Accommodation is allocated on a first applied first served basis. It normally opens around Jan/Feb time so keep an eye out. You prob wont be told by the med school for some time after it opens so watch the Liv accom threads elsewhere on TSR.

You do not have to wait until you have received an offer to apply for accommodation, can do it when it opens as long as you have received an invitation to interview. So do it as soon as it opens, nothing to lose (and no cost to pay on application).

The accommodation in Crown Place in particular (rather than in the residential village) is often over subscribed after the first weekend. So be extra prompt if you want that one or Vine court etc.

Apply even if you have not been to an offer day and have no idea what you want (but do a bit of online research first!). You will have your name on the list and if you have a burning desire to change your choices later on you can.

Also hunt out your qualifications certificates (GCSE/AS/A) etc as you may need to provide copies before interview. Liv do look at your administration of your application, so be prompt. The FAQ on the website as well as the Departmental Supplement should be your bible. Read last years thread for indication of timings etc and potential things to do.

Lastly, do make sure you have set a filter on your email to pick out anything from Liverpool / Liv (esp if you have Gmail) as quite often stuff seems to end up in the spam folder.

Good luck !
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by GGIN
PARENT TIPS

If you haven't already, make a note of your Liverpool Uni Student ID number (on any ack letter) you will need it to sign into the Liv Uni portal and to apply for accommodation.

Accommodation is allocated on a first applied first served basis. It normally opens around Jan/Feb time so keep an eye out. You prob wont be told by the med school for some time after it opens so watch the Liv accom threads elsewhere on TSR.

You do not have to wait until you have received an offer to apply for accommodation, can do it when it opens as long as you have received an invitation to interview. So do it as soon as it opens, nothing to lose (and no cost to pay on application).

The accommodation in Crown Place in particular (rather than in the residential village) is often over subscribed after the first weekend. So be extra prompt if you want that one or Vine court etc.

Apply even if you have not been to an offer day and have no idea what you want (but do a bit of online research first!). You will have your name on the list and if you have a burning desire to change your choices later on you can.

Also hunt out your qualifications certificates (GCSE/AS/A) etc as you may need to provide copies before interview. Liv do look at your administration of your application, so be prompt. The FAQ on the website as well as the Departmental Supplement should be your bible. Read last years thread for indication of timings etc and potential things to do.

Lastly, do make sure you have set a filter on your email to pick out anything from Liverpool / Liv (esp if you have Gmail) as quite often stuff seems to end up in the spam folder.

Good luck !

Incredibly useful thank you
Hi, I’ve heard that at interview Liverpool prioritise (perhaps not the right word) but prefer maybe? Applicants from round the local area, this kind of lines up when I look at the number of candidates that got offers from my school last year, although this could obviously just be a coincidence. Has anyone else heard this or know anything of it?
Reply 88
A few med schools do seem to add something in like "extra consideration" extra points or similar at the point at which they are deciding who to interview.

I am not aware of any who do it at the post interview /offer stage. But that doesn't mean they don't.

It also might be linked to any widening participation criteria and these are sometimes considered post interview. Leicester /HYMS do for example.

I have not seen anything to say that UoL med school does this. But if they do, they would have to be clear that they do (not necessarily how they do / albeit ideally they would say). Read through the Departmental Supplement carefully,and the FAQ published that relate to you.

I would also read the Universities (not the med schools) admissions and wp policies as these may be a factor.

Liverpool has a challenging interview to offer conversion rate in any event as they interview a good proportion of applicants.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Student877
Hi, I’ve heard that at interview Liverpool prioritise (perhaps not the right word) but prefer maybe? Applicants from round the local area, this kind of lines up when I look at the number of candidates that got offers from my school last year, although this could obviously just be a coincidence. Has anyone else heard this or know anything of it?

No this is not true - and there is no evidence to support this either.
Reply 90
Hello All, any idea if liverpool has started calling for interviews
Original post by prasadns
Hello All, any idea if liverpool has started calling for interviews

Not yet
Reply 92
Original post by Student877
Not yet

Thanks for responding 🙏
Reply 93
Does anyone know when liverpool started sending invites for interviews last year ?
Reply 94
Does anyone know when invites for interviews were given last year?
Reply 95
Original post by shstorm
Does anyone know when invites for interviews were given last year?

First batch from15th Dec according to this:
University of Liverpool A100 2023 entry Applicants and Offer Holders - Page 10 - The Student Room

Another month to go !
Best of luck getting through to the interviews everyone 🙂

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by Jeanetics

that’s useful for others to know
…great username 🧬
Reply 98
is there any online forms about our personal statement we have to write? I know people for dentistry have had to do so
Reply 99
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Best of luck getting through to the interviews everyone 🙂

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Any idea when will they send first batch of interview ?

Are interviews expected in Dec or Jan ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending