The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool A100 2023 entry Applicants and Offer Holders

Welcome to the University of Liverpool A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

Liverpool A100 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7079503

For general information click: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/un...bchb/overview/

For entry requirements click: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicine-and-surgery-mbchb/entry-requirements/

16 page PDF supplement from Uni of Liverpool on their Medicine admissions process.

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

hi guys - i have aa deferred offer for 2023 entry from Liverpool off their WL - if you've any questions pls just ask :smile:
nope, got given the deferred offer
Hi,
does anyone know the lowest gamsat score that was needed to get an interview last year? (for graduates)
(Original post by not.a.tree)nope, got given the deferred offer

Original post by not.a.tree
nope, got given the deferred offer

Do you know how many deferred students there are (i.e. how many places have been taken already?). Also, would you mind saying what your UCAT score is? Many thanks
Hi, I’ve seen many comments on TSR about Liverpool having a low interview: offer ratio.

Is there a particular reason for this? And what steps can I take to ensure I get an offer post interview, if I were to apply?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Dear Team,

I need help and guidance of feasibility of getting success at Liverpool with below. In case of any alternatives, please advise.

GCSE - All 9s
A Level (Bio, Chem, Maths) - Predicted All A*
UCAT - 2600 , SJT-Band1
UCAS Tariff - 192

Virtual Work Experience - BSMS
Physical Work Experience - Kings Hospital, London
Volunteering - Kings Hospital, London

Appreciate suggestion on this.
Last years cut off was 2620, do you think 2680 will be safe?
hi guys - i have aa deferred offer for 2023 entry from Liverpool off their WL - if you've any questions pls just ask :smile:

Amazing, well done! I didn't get an offer last year after interview and wait list, so going through it all again. Just got a much better ucat score so that's a good start. Can I ask what your interview score was to get you the deferred offer?
Reply 9
Hello all,

I got 2720 B1.
GCSE'S - Maths - 9
Bio,chem,physics -9
Geo,Compsci-9
Eng lang,lit - 7
French - 6
Further maths - 7

A Levels
BIO CHEM PHYSICS - A*A*A*

WEX - 1 WEEK HOSPITAL AND GP
Part time job

Is it safe to apply here or are there better options that would guarantee me an interview?
Achieved grades.
2970 UCAT B2.

Am I safe to assume a guaranteed interview with that?
Hi, if any current Liverpool Med students are reading this do you have a view on the attached article please? It’s 2020 but is it the same now ? If not, what is different?

I have found this series really interesting so thanks to whomever did it originally!

https://lifeofamedic.com/2020/07/20/whats-it-really-like-to-study-medicine-at-liverpool-medical-school/
Im also looking to apply, what's the likelihood of at least getting an interview?

UCAT 2650 B1
NI Candidate
Achieved GCSE 10 A* (Chem, Bio, Physics, Math, English Lit, English Lang, French, RE, History, ICT) A - Further Maths
Achieved AS Levels-4 A (Chem, Bio, Physics, Math)
Predicted A Levels- 4 A* (Chem, Bio. Physics, Math)
Hi
Would it be worth applying to Liverpool with 2780 band 2

Hi,
I have 99999888876 in GCSE, A Level prediction A* AA* Biology/Chemistry/Psychology. UCAT Score 2670 Band 2. What are the chances to get an interview at Liverpool. Please advise
Original post by s.sivakumar
Hi,
I have 99999888876 in GCSE, A Level prediction A* AA* Biology/Chemistry/Psychology. UCAT Score 2670 Band 2. What are the chances to get an interview at Liverpool. Please advise

UCAT cut off last year was 2620 and it’s probably gonna go up by like 30 or 40 maybe I think. I applied with 2670 as well so I think it should be enough for interview
need advise plse. gcse score is 17 (out of max 18?) and UCAT 2700 band 2. predicted A* A A . any real chance of an interview at liverpool.
looking at keele, sunderland, and plymouth/anglia ruskin.
many thanks in advance.
Is a UCAT Score of 2550 good enough for Liverpool A100?
Thanks
Reply 18
How much weight liverpool puts on gcses. Would their offer rate going to go back to their usual rate this year or not? Would university be able to give this info now?
Reply 19
Original post by KaTa10
How much weight liverpool puts on gcses. Would their offer rate going to go back to their usual rate this year or not? Would university be able to give this info now?

I'm not too sure about what they plan to do about offer rates but I think for GCSE's a grade 9/8/7=2 points and a 6=1 point. They score 9 GCSE's but they usually expect applicants to have roughly 15 points. If you're contextual they may lower this criteria for achieving 15 points out of your 9 GCSE's. If you've gotten 15+ points then you're ranked based on UCAT. Just check the departmental supplement on their website to make sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending