The Student Room Group

University of Sunderland A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by shimul
I heard 200+ but no idea where this figure came from. Can anyone help?

I heard 200+ from one source but 80+ from another?
Reply 21
Original post by Rose2576
I heard 200+ from one source but 80+ from another?

Yes me too but their website says nothing about number of hours required so y is everyone talking about it? Can someone please clarify.
Reply 22
Original post by Qwerty06
Yes me too but their website says nothing about number of hours required so y is everyone talking about it? Can someone please clarify.

Does anyone know anything about the Casper, is it similar to the ucat?
Reply 23
Original post by Sares100
Does anyone know anything about the Casper, is it similar to the ucat?

https://acuityinsights.app/
Reply 24
Reply 25

hi, to anyone wondering, they require 80 hours. I emailed the admissions team and that’s what they said
Reply 26
hi, to anyone wondering, they require 80 hours. I emailed the admissions team and that’s what they said

Thank you so much!! Finally some clarity :h:
Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the email?
Reply 27

On the forum elsewhere it was said that was for contextual…
Reply 28
Thank you so much!! Finally some clarity :h:
Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the email?

I just asked him if there was any minimum number of hours required and he said:
Reply 29
Original post by shimul
On the forum elsewhere it was said that was for contextual…

And so what did they say for non contextual then? Just out of curiosity as the admissions team have already confirmed 80 hours. If you’re still not sure you could email them as well at: [email protected]
to clear up any confusion, 80 hours is the minimum requirement, 200 hours seemed to be the minimum threshold hours for a non contextual applicant last year to get an interview
Reply 31
Original post by reubenn05
to clear up any confusion, 80 hours is the minimum requirement, 200 hours seemed to be the minimum threshold hours for a non contextual applicant last year to get an interview

But 80 is for non contextual then this year I presume?
But 80 is for non contextual then this year I presume?

80 is the minimum, so any applications below that will likely be instantly rejected, but they won't know the threshold hours until all they assess all of the applications, so after the deadline. similar to how a ucat cutoff works
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 33
And so what did they say for non contextual then? Just out of curiosity as the admissions team have already confirmed 80 hours. If you’re still not sure you could email them as well at: [email protected]

Hours
Reply 34
Original post by reubenn05
80 is the minimum, so any applications below that will likely be instantly rejected, but they won't know the threshold hours until all they assess all of the applications, so after the deadline. similar to how a ucat cutoff works

so they rank the hours too??
Reply 35
Would volunteering at a pharmacy count for the R&R form?
Reply 36
Would volunteering at a pharmacy count for the R&R form?

Yes
Reply 37
Yes

Thank you :smile:
What does the R&R form look? For every work experience/ volunteering I put down, do I need to add a reference?
would part time jobs eg. working in restaurant / retail + a bit of charity shop volunteering count as WE? I have slightly less than 200h, more like 150h at most. would it still be advisable to apply with this WE, as on the website it says it's not the number but the quality (not entirely sure what this means)?
thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending