The Student Room Group

University of Sunderland A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
does anyone know if sunderland prioritises north east applicants?
Reply 41
are sunderland's MMIS conducted online?
Reply 42
yes
Original post by jasmine6
are sunderland's MMIS conducted online?
Hey,

How many hours have people done so far?

I phoned Sunderland earlier this week and the lady on the phone said the interviews are in person, the interview selection form could be sent from next week, and that 60-80 hours is the minimum. They're also considering the duration but the hours will be ranked. :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 44
Oh wow. things have changed drastically! well thank you for providing us with this information. Interview selection form? Is this the substitution of the R&R form? where we have to submit a 250 word essay or something?
Original post by kitty2005
Hey,

I phoned Sunderland earlier this week and the lady on the phone said the interviews are in person, the interview selection form could be sent from next week, and that 60-80 hours is the minimum. They're also considering the duration but the hours will be ranked. :smile:
has anybody heard about the numeracy test? does anyone know what type of qs are on it?
Original post by artsandscience
has anybody heard about the numeracy test? does anyone know what type of qs are on it?

I’ve been sent the interview shortlisting selection thing and need to book the test. Any help on what resources you know would be really really appreciated!
Reply 47
Original post by 2026_helia
I’ve been sent the interview shortlisting selection thing and need to book the test. Any help on what resources you know would be really really appreciated!

When do you receive the interview shortlisting?
Reply 48
I’ve also just received it, just now.

Original post by Sares100
When do you receive the interview shortlisting?
Original post by Izyyter1

Got mine too!
Reply 50

Well I would start with this
https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/help/school-of-medicine/apply/numeracy-test/

And then google will give you any number of numeract test questions

Original post by Izyyter1

Original post by GANFYD

THANKS SO MUCH THIS IS SO HELPFUL!!!
Is 100+ hours of volunteering enuf lol
Reply 52
THANKS SO MUCH THIS IS SO HELPFUL!!!
Is 100+ hours of volunteering enuf lol

Who knows? But I think it is as much about what you did/learned from it and how you reflect on it as the raw number of hours. Good luck!
Original post by GANFYD
Who knows? But I think it is as much about what you did/learned from it and how you reflect on it as the raw number of hours. Good luck!

Thank you!!!
Edit: not supposed to talk about groupchats, my bad
thank you!!
(edited 6 months ago)
Might be silly but:

How do I reflect? Is it the same way as I did on my personal statement?

What if I did a volunteering that was a 1 time thing, do I put 0 months or 1?

Is anyone else struggling to book for the numeracy test?
(edited 6 months ago)
Hey guys, if anyone has done the numeracy test for Sunderland, do you have any tips/tricks to score highly/pass? Also does anyone has any tips on what to write on the interview selection tool survey to score the highest marks?
Thank you!!
Original post by kitty2005
Hey,

Hi just to confirm that 80 hours is indeed the minumum amount of hours they need (they confirmed to me)
Original post by 2322-zjoshi
Hey guys, if anyone has done the numeracy test for Sunderland, do you have any tips/tricks to score highly/pass? Also does anyone has any tips on what to write on the interview selection tool survey to score the highest marks?
Thank you!!

Does sunderland allow use of calculators during the test?? Really need to know this asap, thanks so much
Original post by GANFYD

Does sunderland allow use of calculators during the test?? Really need to know this asap, thanks so much
Reply 59
the 60-80 hour minimum, is that for the hospital placement only , or is this totalled up with any other hands on experience that you've done?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending