The Student Room Group

University of Sunderland A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by susulo
the 60-80 hour minimum, is that for the hospital placement only , or is this totalled up with any other hands on experience that you've done?

Yep
Hi quick q, do any part time jobs (customer facing) contribute towards my hours? Also, I have a volunteering placement organised but not started, do I put that on or no?
Reply 62
yep to which haha? is the 80 hours minimum for the hospital volunteer only?
Original post by kitty2005
Yep
Reply 63
Original post by susulo
the 60-80 hour minimum, is that for the hospital placement only , or is this totalled up with any other hands on experience that you've done?

i thought they said hospital placement/shadowing isnt part of this survey?
Original post by susulo
yep to which haha? is the 80 hours minimum for the hospital volunteer only?

no, from all of the hands-on experience and/or volunteering.
Reply 65
do you guys think leading and being a part of the church choir can be added because i volunteer a significant amount of time for this each week?
Reply 66
no it has to. be hands-on experience
Original post by bluedolfin
wait guys can you include shadowing or not? I havent clicked on the link bc I'm scared I can only click it once lol
Reply 67
Hi there
Can we have more info on the numeracy test ? My daughter has it in 2 weeks time.. Any resources or past test paper
We have already got a sample test papers on the University website. Apart from that anything else will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance
Does anyone have or can provide the answers to the numeracy test that they provided on the website? Thank you :smile:
Original post by 2322-zjoshi
Does anyone have or can provide the answers to the numeracy test that they provided on the website? Thank you :smile:

Does anyone know if we can use calculators for the numeracy test?
Hi I spoke to admissions they did not say that 80 hour is minimum of context and 200 is min for non context. They told me 80 hours is minimum and that the points would be given for up to 200 hours. I can't work out if a calculator can be used for the numeracy test. Any one asked?
Reply 71
I see, so 200 hours is the maximum you can be awarded for?
Original post by rizwana.qureshi
Hi I spoke to admissions they did not say that 80 hour is minimum of context and 200 is min for non context. They told me 80 hours is minimum and that the points would be given for up to 200 hours. I can't work out if a calculator can be used for the numeracy test. Any one asked?
Original post by susulo
I see, so 200 hours is the maximum you can be awarded for?

That is how I understood it.
Original post by artsandscience
has anybody heard about the numeracy test? does anyone know what type of qs are on it?

GCSE math
Original post by 2026_helia
Does sunderland allow use of calculators during the test?? Really need to know this asap, thanks so much

They will tell us before the test.
does anybody know if you are supposed to book the numeracy test or just click the link on the day?
how would I state the number of hours and duration of my work experience if it started more than 2 years ago (3 years ago) but continued into the next year and ended in that year (so finished 2 years ago)? hopefully that makes sense
Original post by roll0909
how would I state the number of hours and duration of my work experience if it started more than 2 years ago (3 years ago) but continued into the next year and ended in that year (so finished 2 years ago)? hopefully that makes sense

Just state it normally and give the duration of it - e.g. 12 months its fine
Original post by Dominoes2015
Just state it normally and give the duration of it - e.g. 12 months its fine

even though it started more than 2 years ago?
Original post by roll0909
even though it started more than 2 years ago?

Yes they state work experience can be started more than two years ago if it continued into a time frame which is 2 years prior to now or is on-going

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending