The Student Room Group

Official: University of Edinburgh A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Post-interview, do people with a higher academic/ucat score have an advantage over people who scored the same in the interview but had a lower academic score? Because if the cutoff for interview was full marks for the academic score, then surely that means only the interview matters? Also, how come in the admissions statistics, some people had Band 3 if full marks was required? RUK by the way.
(edited 7 months ago)
It’s possible they were against other applicants that had band 1 and 2 but the person with band 3 had higher academic grades which accounted for more points than others hence securing a place

Original post by 22lpl
Post-interview, do people with a higher academic/ucat score have an advantage over people who scored the same in the interview but had a lower academic score? Because if the cutoff for interview was full marks for the academic score, then surely that means only the interview matters? Also, how come in the admissions statistics, some people had Band 3 if full marks was required? RUK by the way.
Reply 22
Original post by 22lpl

Pre-interview scoring is worth 50% of the score that goes towards deciding whether to make an offer.

There are lots of contextual applicants that are guaranteed an interview regardless of their stats
Reply 23
Is it worth applying with 2920 B1 as an RUK applicant (predicted: A*A*A* gcses: 9999999999)
Hi all, I've got 3050 Band 1 with achieved A*AAA and I'm an RUK student -- any thoughts on applying to Edinburgh?
Original post by samanthaljq
Hi! International applicant here (Malaysia) with 2910 b2 and 10A*s + 1A at IGCSEs
Predicted A Levels are 4A*s
Do I stand a good chance in getting an interview at Edinburgh?

Hi usually for Edinburgh international students over 3000 is your best bet, id recommend looking at other options as your score is still good and would match other universities
Reply 26
Original post by irisch123
Is it worth applying with 2920 B1 as an RUK applicant (predicted: A*A*A* gcses: 9999999999)

You would not have interviewed for the last few years, as top decile has been >3000, but nobody knows what it will be this year
Original post by fivestarstudent
Hi all, I've got 3050 Band 1 with achieved A*AAA and I'm an RUK student -- any thoughts on applying to Edinburgh?

You would not have interviewed for the last few years, as top you drop academic points for your A levels and full marks have been needed for RUK, though nobody knows what will be needed this year
Scottish home applicant- flag
N5: AABBCC (No chem or bio so eligible for bypassing N5) (all b/c’s done at higher to A)
Higher: AAAAA + (AA s6 predicted) (including bio + chem)
AH: AA predicted
UCAT: 3050 b2
Pre-assessment without n5 bypass: 8/10
With n5 bypass: 10/10
Application being sent off on Friday 6th, will update with outcome
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 28
Original post by ArcheryFan20
Scottish home applicant- flag
N5: AABBCC (No chem or bio so eligible for bypassing N5) (all b/c’s done at higher to A)
Higher: AAAAA + (AA s6 predicted) (including bio + chem)
AH: AA predicted
UCAT: 3050 b2
Pre-assessment without n5 bypass: 8/10
With n5 bypass: 10/10
Application being sent off on Friday 6th, will update with outcome

Damn😭 soso good stats
Cries in 2060
By the way, help me
I got AAAAB at higher, band 3SJT
Do you think I should apply to Edinburgh, I'm a plus flag applicant too
I want to substitute St Andrews with Edinburgh since I'm not eligible as a WP in sta Andrews.
Reply 29
Hey, I have a pre-settled status in the UK as an EU-student, does anyone know how Edinburgh will consider my application?
Reply 30
Original post by ab29987
Hey, I have a pre-settled status in the UK as an EU-student, does anyone know how Edinburgh will consider my application?

Yes but I think you'll be classed as an international student rather than RUK.
Hey,

These are my stats:

- 999999997 in iGCSE ( Best Mark in Europe ICT )
- 10 in Spanish Bachillertato
- Work Experience in the IT Sector
- Maths Competitions

What are my chances for Maths and CompSci at Edi??

Thanks
Reply 32
Original post by Teo Montero
Hey,

These are my stats:

- 999999997 in iGCSE ( Best Mark in Europe ICT )
- 10 in Spanish Bachillertato
- Work Experience in the IT Sector
- Maths Competitions

What are my chances for Maths and CompSci at Edi??

Thanks

You are in the A100 Medicine thread here, so probably not a lot of expertise :lol:
You might find somebody who has some idea here?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=284
Reply 33
Original post by reubenn05
RUK applicants generally need a 3000+ ucat to be considered for interview

Hi, I am a scottish student, do you think I would have a chance?
Reply 34
They should be releasing the admissions statistics soon, can't wait to see what I've gotten myself into :smile:
Original post by Joyggg
Damn😭 soso good stats
Cries in 2060
By the way, help me
I got AAAAB at higher, band 3SJT
Do you think I should apply to Edinburgh, I'm a plus flag applicant too
I want to substitute St Andrews with Edinburgh since I'm not eligible as a WP in sta Andrews.

Send your N5 and AH predicteds and I’ll find out your score, plus flag gets extra points
Might be okay but ehhh it’s honestly a risk
Reply 36
Admissions said we could hear back end of this week but we might hear back next week. Good luck guys 😭
Reply 37
Original post by 22lpl
Admissions said we could hear back end of this week but we might hear back next week. Good luck guys 😭

Will they send out interview invites this week or next week? I’m so nervous…
Original post by 22lpl

But didn’t they say they will contact people about the outcome of their applications in December?
Reply 39
Original post by 22lpl
Yes but I think you'll be classed as an international student rather than RUK.

Hey, you will be classed as a home/Scottish student with the pre settlement status.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending