The Student Room Group

Official: University of Edinburgh A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Does anyone know how many interviews invites were sent to home students?
Reply 81
Any invitation out for international for January interview? Or any international got an email stating wait for the next batch interview in the new year?
Reply 82
Have any Scottish grads heard back yet?
Original post by abh197
Have any Scottish grads heard back yet?

Ye I’ve booked an interview for January
Reply 84
Original post by Itsuaboiiij
Ye I’ve booked an interview for January

Well done! Do you mind if I ask your stats?

I think last year Edinburgh changed their approach in how they allocate academic points to science and non-science degrees. I reckon it’s the same this year then!
Original post by abh197

Well done! Do you mind if I ask your stats?

I think last year Edinburgh changed their approach in how they allocate academic points to science and non-science degrees. I reckon it’s the same this year then!

2770 b1, predicted 1st however I’m a science degree not medically related so I was told that science degrees are second preferenced over medically related degrees but was still able to get an interview .
Reply 86
Original post by Itsuaboiiij
2770 b1, predicted 1st however I’m a science degree not medically related so I was told that science degrees are second preferenced over medically related degrees but was still able to get an interview .

Nice! Glad to hear you secured an interview, hope it all goes well for you. Is Edinburgh your first choice?

I have an achieved First in a non-science, so I suspect the amount of academic points I’m able to receive is really limited. I wish they disclosed how it works!
When I emailed to ask about my degree a while back I was told I don’t have the highest preference and that full marks are given to people with degrees in a medical related profession so I wouldn’t give up hope yet
Reply 88
Original post by abh197
Nice! Glad to hear you secured an interview, hope it all goes well for you. Is Edinburgh your first choice?

I have an achieved First in a non-science, so I suspect the amount of academic points I’m able to receive is really limited. I wish they disclosed how it works!

I'm in the same boat as you. 1st in a non-science degree and still waiting to hear something
Reply 89
Did anyone get a confirmation of the submission of their clearance check? The only thing I can see on the portal is a green tick on the message that was sent.
Reply 90
Original post by jr2006
Did anyone get a confirmation of the submission of their clearance check? The only thing I can see on the portal is a green tick on the message that was sent.

Mine is the same. Have you heard about how to access the online interview? Mine is in just a few days now and still not heard any further since the confirmation of my booking.
Reply 91
Original post by imolawson
Mine is the same. Have you heard about how to access the online interview? Mine is in just a few days now and still not heard any further since the confirmation of my booking.

I emailed them about the clearance check and they said that it’s done, so it’s alright if we see no confirmation of it on the portal.
Reply 92
Original post by jr2006
I emailed them about the clearance check and they said that it’s done, so it’s alright if we see no confirmation of it on the portal.

Have you heard about how to access your online interview?
Have anyone already had the online interview? How long in advance they sent you instructions of how to join the interview. Our interview is next Monday and we haven't received anything.
Reply 94
Original post by sbland9011
Have anyone already had the online interview? How long in advance they sent you instructions of how to join the interview. Our interview is next Monday and we haven't received anything.

My interview is tomorrow morning and only received details last night.
Reply 95
Original post by sbland9011

Mine is on Thursday and I haven't had anything yet
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 96
Hi, i wanted to know what platform Edinburgh uses for interviews? if it’s zoom or teams or another platform?
Reply 97
Original post by jr2006
Hi, i wanted to know what platform Edinburgh uses for interviews? if it’s zoom or teams or another platform?

Hi! It's a different platform (class collaborate or something like that). They do recommend you use Google chrome to run it so I'd definitely recommend downloading that beforehand if you usually use a different browser.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by jr2006

Edinburgh uses their own specific platform, you should receive an email with details about how to get onto it, how to navigate it, etc. closer to the time of your interview, I got mine a few days before hand.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 99
I have my MMI scheduled for Wednesday, anyone who has undertaken the MMI; do they have role play & Group tasks, I am not sure what else it will cover in 3 hrs. virtually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending