The Student Room Group

Official: University of St Andrews A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I just called admissions and they said they are still sending interview invites and interviewing. I tried to ask for more specifics but they kept saying they have until ucas deadline to make decisions.
Original post by usermane0000001
I just called admissions and they said they are still sending interview invites and interviewing. I tried to ask for more specifics but they kept saying they have until ucas deadline to make decisions.

Yes exactly, but then on their website it says interviews held between Nov and end of March. So its just confusing
just received my offer. international student. predicted 4A*, UCAT 3200, Band 1.
Original post by bjessiezhangqq
just received my offer. international student. predicted 4A*, UCAT 3200, Band 1.

Congratulations!! May I know when you interviewed?
Original post by Shirley Wong
Congratulations!! May I know when you interviewed?

Thanks. Interviewed on 9th Jan.
Has any one had any interview invited this week or no
Has anyone who got interviewed in November not heard a reply yet?
Have they given out any rejections yet?
Original post by Nunsandcows
Have they given out any rejections yet?

not from what i have seen
To all the international students - how are you planning on funding the last 3 years in Manchester? (just because it is crazy expensive)
Reply 470
Original post by pinkflamingo12
To all the international students - how are you planning on funding the last 3 years in Manchester? (just because it is crazy expensive)

Are the fees for pre-clincal and clinical years different for international students?
Original post by munnn
Are the fees for pre-clincal and clinical years different for international students?

Yes I believe so
Reply 472
Original post by munnn

International clinical fees for Manchester are like almost double what they are for the pre clinical years at St Andrews i think?
Original post by wayde_mdr2001
a couple of people got an offer in april last year

i still havent got an interview, and im starting to worry now. they sent me a fee status questionnaire like a month and a bit ago and i heard nothing from them ever since. Is there still a chance of an interview or should I just take this as a rejection atp??
Original post by usermane0000001

i still havent got an interview, and im starting to worry now. they sent me a fee status questionnaire like a month and a bit ago and i heard nothing from them ever since. Is there still a chance of an interview or should I just take this as a rejection atp??
Original post by ekinmanap

unfortunately i’m not sure, every year is different as it depends on the offer holder’s responses. i’ll keep my fingers crossed for you ! 🤞 hopefully it works out for the both of us
Original post by ekinmanap

You're not the only one I also haven't gotten an interview
Could someone explain the offer making algorithm please.
The interviews are run November (?)-March.
they are clearly not waiting all this time to rank candidates as they are making offers throughout the interviewing window. When will those top candidates interviewed in March be made offers?

What is the latest other unis make their offers? Trying to understand when is the peak for offer holders who are not having St Andrews as their firm choice to reject their offers. I.e when is the bulk of offer rejections made by candidates?
Really want to know either way now. Thought the interview was the best one of the 4. Doubting that now. Have other offers but really want st Andrews! Hoping delay is due to non preference route selected but think that's just clutching at straws now..
Original post by Djhhhhhhh
Could someone explain the offer making algorithm please.
The interviews are run November (?)-March.
they are clearly not waiting all this time to rank candidates as they are making offers throughout the interviewing window. When will those top candidates interviewed in March be made offers?
What is the latest other unis make their offers? Trying to understand when is the peak for offer holders who are not having St Andrews as their firm choice to reject their offers. I.e when is the bulk of offer rejections made by candidates?

Cardiff gave all their offers out in March I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending