The Student Room Group

Official: University of St Andrews A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Lalay67
Hi, I was offered an interview today and it’s on the 30th. I don’t really know how to start preparing.

What route did you apply for? Also congrats on the interview!

I would suggest practicing past questions you can find on the internet, and watching mock MMI's. Go over your work experience/volunteering/cocurriculars and think of examples for things like teamwork, communication, resilience, and just find questions and try answer them!
Reply 61
Original post by SOBZ70
Doesn’t make sense ! Are they sending the invites alphabetically as it can’t be by ucat score. Application is for England pathway.

I think they have sent interviews to Scotland route applicants only so far, might be wrong
(edited 5 months ago)
Have any Scottish applicants heard back yet?
Original post by Jakehshhhs
Have any Scottish applicants heard back yet?

I’m home fees with a UCAT of 3050 and I’m waiting - fingers crossed we’ll hear soon!
I also read from the student room chat last year that St Andrew’s tend to interview RUK students first, I’m not sure if this is true though.
Original post by oliviajduff
I also read from the student room chat last year that St Andrew’s tend to interview RUK students first, I’m not sure if this is true though.

I think so because home students will have in person interviews im assuming

Yes that’s what I believe, just keep your fingers crossed and hopefully an interview will come in due course. Best of luck to everyone with interviews so far x
Reply 67

I'll jump a flight tonight if I got an interview! Lol I will travel last minute!
Reply 68
we sit and wait another day , day 2 of no St Andrews interview .
Reply 69
do you think all of the RUK interviews have already been sent out?
Reply 70
Original post by ella_w1
do you think all of the RUK interviews have already been sent out?

I think they've only sent out Scotland route interviews so far. Either way, they interview till March so there is nothing to worry about!
Reply 71
Hi all my son got an interview RUK England route on Wednesday for next week 30th, non contextual ucat score of 2900 b1 good luck to everyone they are probably doing them in batches
Reply 72
Original post by imran149
Hi all my son got an interview RUK England route on Wednesday for next week 30th, non contextual ucat score of 2900 b1 good luck to everyone they are probably doing them in batches

good luck to ur son :smile:
my score is 2904 with the 10% contextual lift. what do you reckon my chances are (ruk applicant). achieved 3A’s and pass minimum gcse requirement
Reply 74
Original post by wayde_mdr2001
my score is 2904 with the 10% contextual lift. what do you reckon my chances are (ruk applicant). achieved 3A’s and pass minimum gcse requirement

In proffering my utmost and unequivocal perspective, I would assuredly assert that your likelihood of securing an interview stands as nothing short of imminent brilliance. However, I am compelled to acknowledge the limitations inherent in my ability to prognosticate post-interview outcomes, for alas, I am bereft of a mystical crystal orb within my grasp. May this counsel, albeit circumscribed, prove advantageous in your endeavors.
Reply 75
Day 3 of no St Andrews interview invite . emotions = hurt 🙂
Original post by examboard

In proffering my utmost and unequivocal perspective, I would assuredly assert that your likelihood of securing an interview stands as nothing short of imminent brilliance. However, I am compelled to acknowledge the limitations inherent in my ability to prognosticate post-interview outcomes, for alas, I am bereft of a mystical crystal orb within my grasp. May this counsel, albeit circumscribed, prove advantageous in your endeavors.

thank you! definitely reassuring to hear :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by Ibbi0519
What route did you apply for? Also congrats on the interview!

I would suggest practicing past questions you can find on the internet, and watching mock MMI's. Go over your work experience/volunteering/cocurriculars and think of examples for things like teamwork, communication, resilience, and just find questions and try answer them!

Thank you so much for the help! I applied for the Scottish route. Do you know if you get to choose which partner university you can attend for the clinical years or is it randomly allocated?
Reply 78
Original post by Lalay67
Thank you so much for the help! I applied for the Scottish route. Do you know if you get to choose which partner university you can attend for the clinical years or is it randomly allocated?

im pretty sure its based on your marks in the first 3 years , if you score high enough compared to others you'll get your top pick ( Ive heard this somewhere but take it with a grain of salt )
Reply 79
Original post by Lalay67

I emailed St Andrews regarding this, here is the response:

'Thank you for your email. Students on each route will be ranked on academic performance using each student’s overall module grade for MD3001 (in second year), with mid and end of semester examinations to be included. After ranking, the student at the top of the ranking, within the specific route they are on, will be allocated to their first choice and then the next student down will be allocated to their first choice and so on.'

TLDR: You apply to a route now, then in second year you are allocated a partner university based on exam performance and preference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending