The Student Room Group

Official: University of St Andrews A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by examboard
In proffering my utmost and unequivocal perspective, I would assuredly assert that your likelihood of securing an interview stands as nothing short of imminent brilliance. However, I am compelled to acknowledge the limitations inherent in my ability to prognosticate post-interview outcomes, for alas, I am bereft of a mystical crystal orb within my grasp. May this counsel, albeit circumscribed, prove advantageous in your endeavors.

can you just copy and paste this on to the BMAT thread for all those seeking the same cast iron assurance of an Oxford or UCL interview?
( emojis aside)
Reply 81
Original post by MedMama
can you just copy and paste this on to the BMAT thread for all those seeking the same cast iron assurance of an Oxford or UCL interview?
( emojis aside)

hahaha the pleasure is yours
Reply 82
Original post by Ibbi0519
I emailed St Andrews regarding this, here is the response:

'Thank you for your email. Students on each route will be ranked on academic performance using each student’s overall module grade for MD3001 (in second year), with mid and end of semester examinations to be included. After ranking, the student at the top of the ranking, within the specific route they are on, will be allocated to their first choice and then the next student down will be allocated to their first choice and so on.'

TLDR: You apply to a route now, then in second year you are allocated a partner university based on exam performance and preference.

Oh wow, I guess it’s motivation to work even harder. Thank you so much for the helpppp !!
Any international students got any interviews yet?

St Andrews asked me for additional info today. Hopefully the good news will come soon. I'm at 2780 B1.
Reply 84
Me to International. They ask me for UCat result as they cannot locate.
For those of you with an interview today, when did you receive the email about speedwell?
Reply 86
Original post by Drcreamdonut
For those of you with an interview today, when did you receive the email about speedwell?

Yesterday around midday
Reply 87
Has anyone who applied to the England route received an interview yet?
Reply 88
how was everyone interviews experience ? did it go well ?
does st andrews give out offers based on interviews AND ucat or is it just based off interview scores only at this point?
Just did my interview. When can I expect a response, I am an RUK applicant for Scottish route.
Reply 91
Just did my interview. When can I expect a response, I am an RUK applicant for Scottish route.

Well done! How did you find it? Any surprises?

They send most (if not all) interviews in March, though indicate some will be sent earlier.
Original post by Ibbi0519
Well done! How did you find it? Any surprises?

They send most (if not all) interviews in March, though indicate some will be sent earlier.

That is a long wait 😢
(edited 4 months ago)
No surprises, just role play was hard. That is a long wait 😢

glad you had an interview but please don’t say any more ( really prefer people to don’t ask about interviews at all, but all you can reply is something anodyne like
I don’t know how it went)
Original post by MedMama
glad you had an interview but please don’t say any more ( really prefer people to don’t ask about interviews at all, but all you can reply is something anodyne like
I don’t know how it went)

Ah ok, good response, would this be on the verge of breaking the NDA?
Original post by MedMama
well, QUB had something publicly available for people to look at previously if not now which included the aspect you have highlighted but absolutely stop right there- enough already!
Please @Ibbi01519 (and all other posters on here)
remember not to ask about interviews as better to prevent any over sharing than to risk it

Thanks Medmama
Reply 96
Original post by MedMama
well, QUB had something publicly available for people to look at previously if not now which included the aspect you have highlighted but absolutely stop right there- enough already!
Please @Ibbi01519 (and all other posters on here)
remember not to ask about interviews as better to prevent any over sharing than to risk it

Yeh sorry! I was just curious how it went, obviously can't share the content of the interview!
Reply 97
Thanks Medmama

I think it is really useful for people who have done their interview to say things like "the parking is a nightmare, use the 47 bus, it stops outside"; or "there is somewhere to leave your bag"; or "you get given a bottle of water in case you get thirsty"; even "there is a tour at the end that takes some extra time so don't plan to leave immediately, if you are interested". But much beyond that is either useless (your interviewers might have been lovely, someone else's could be mean and grouchy) or risks breaching NDAs, but worse than that, gives an unfair advantage to people seeing the info compared to those who do not. And I inculde things like "there are no/several follow up questions" or "the ethical station was tough/how about that role play?".

If something is generally available info that can be found by anyone (and lots of places do publish their general stations), it is fine, but if it something you know purely because you are invited/have had an interview, it should be kept confidential, as far as I am concerned. Plus it might be you who loses an offer as the person who gains the advantage may knock you out of a place that they would not otherwise have got!
Original post by GANFYD
I think it is really useful for people who have done their interview to say things like "the parking is a nightmare, use the 47 bus, it stops outside"; or "there is somewhere to leave your bag"; or "you get given a bottle of water in case you get thirsty"; even "there is a tour at the end that takes some extra time so don't plan to leave immediately, if you are interested". But much beyond that is either useless (your interviewers might have been lovely, someone else's could be mean and grouchy) or risks breaching NDAs, but worse than that, gives an unfair advantage to people seeing the info compared to those who do not. And I inculde things like "there are no/several follow up questions" or "the ethical station was tough/how about that role play?".

If something is generally available info that can be found by anyone (and lots of places do publish their general stations), it is fine, but if it something you know purely because you are invited/have had an interview, it should be kept confidential, as far as I am concerned. Plus it might be you who loses an offer as the person who gains the advantage may knock you out of a place that they would not otherwise have got!

perfectly put by ganfyd, our undisputed 👑 of these threads
Ok fair enough guys, but I didn’t divulge anything bad, and have removed my comment, so apologies and thanks for the warning. When should I expect to hear back from the university, do I seriously have to wait till April to get my results?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending