The Student Room Group

Official: Brunel University A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I haven't either. Did you guys apply on UCAS or on the Brunel website?
Reply 21
I applied with UCAS and haven’t heard anything, what did you apply on?

Original post by Ads120700
Reply 22
Original post by Ads120700

I applied through UCAS
Reply 23
I applied on UCAS and got my email about 15 minutes ago. Please check your spam folder.
Reply 24
it'll take time to get back i guess, probably high volume.
Reply 25
i got me email
Reply 26
For home students, what are your guys statistics ucat wise?
Reply 27
I’m a home applicant with a UCAT score of 2600 and band 1… I know it’s not very strong but thought I might stand a chance at Brunel after speaking to someone in their admin team. What were your results?
Original post by medic464
For home students, what are your guys statistics ucat wise?
Reply 28
2600 is not bad, you'll stand a decent chance pretty sure.
I'm not any admin or anything im just making a guess.
Reply 29
Original post by alt810754
Not sure if it'll be competitive enough because this time it'll be more competitive (if you are international student).
UCAT is slightly low if i'm gonna be honest but remember you can do direct apply to brunel so you should always apply to maximise your chances. A levels seem good.
You can do 5 on UCAS (4 medical schools) + brunel on their platform.
Give it a shot, they would consider since there is no set UCAT cut off scores published.

Hi. I was not aware you could apply to Brunel after submitting your ucas form? How does that work? Would that be classed as a private application ie not eligible for student finance?
Reply 30
Original post by Shslini
Hi. I was not aware you could apply to Brunel after submitting your ucas form? How does that work? Would that be classed as a private application ie not eligible for student finance?

^ yeah could someone please explain the difference between applying on ucas vs applying directly to Brunel?
Reply 31
Original post by Alive153
I’m a home applicant with a UCAT score of 2600 and band 1… I know it’s not very strong but thought I might stand a chance at Brunel after speaking to someone in their admin team. What were your results?

I’m a grad so idk if I’ll need a higher ucat but I also got around the same so not too sure
Reply 32
Directly applying is for international applicants. Home students were encouraged to apply on ucas from what I believe
^ yeah could someone please explain the difference between applying on ucas vs applying directly to Brunel?
Reply 33

From what I understood from calling them you have to apply through UCAS however if you’ve already applied and are past the deadline to change you fill in the form on their website and when UCAS extra opens they will notify you. The way they are going to run it through UCAS extra is interveiws are going to be run through 2/3 periods one in January one in feb/march and if needed one in April/may for people going through UCAS extra. They have also said they are planning to interveiw 200 people for the 50 places there’s a lot of mixed info about this it’s just what I have understood
Reply 34
I’m also a grad, I know that sometimes graduate applicants need to meet a higher UCAT threshold but when I spoke to them it seemed like we’d be considered quite equally… although I didn’t ask specifically about if grads needed a higher UCAT but seems like their might be hope for us!

I’m a grad so idk if I’ll need a higher ucat but I also got around the same so not too sure
Reply 35
Original post by Shslini

Hi so this direct application is only for international students. I initially assumed it was for home students as well but it's not.
Reply 36

There's no difference. Direct apply is just filling out the application form on the brunel website (free of cost) and it's for intl students only.
UCAS is just how it is for other med schools in the UK.
People do direct apply to increase their chances 4 med schools +1 via direct apply.
Reply 37
Original post by Ab.al
From what I understood from calling them you have to apply through UCAS however if you’ve already applied and are past the deadline to change you fill in the form on their website and when UCAS extra opens they will notify you. The way they are going to run it through UCAS extra is interveiws are going to be run through 2/3 periods one in January one in feb/march and if needed one in April/may for people going through UCAS extra. They have also said they are planning to interveiw 200 people for the 50 places there’s a lot of mixed info about this it’s just what I have understood

Yea somewhat like that. I think they interviewed around 140 last year. Maybe increasing number of spots.
Reply 38
Original post by Alive153
I’m also a grad, I know that sometimes graduate applicants need to meet a higher UCAT threshold but when I spoke to them it seemed like we’d be considered quite equally… although I didn’t ask specifically about if grads needed a higher UCAT but seems like their might be hope for us!

there are quite a few grad applications here, dw you'll be considered equally.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Ab.al

Yes that s what I understood but if I am correct you can only go into ucas extra if you have had all rejections/ declined all offers? So even though it opens in Feb if we have not heard back from all our unis we cannot go into ucas extra? I called them as well and they said the form is just an expression of interest- it does not give you any priority as such if that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending