The Student Room Group

Official: Brunel University A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ipod18
I was told on the phone that internationals will have interviews in December and home students applications have not started to be assessed yet. Predicted interview slots for home students will be in February. So we have a little bit of a wait yet :smile:

I heard the same they might be waiting for UCAS extra before allocating interviews cause I’m guessing they are gonna get an influx of applications when that opens
Reply 61
Has anyone received any updates ?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 62
Original post by Ads120700
Has anyone received any updates ?

Rejected. Home student. 3000 UCAT (each section above 600) and merit in masters degree. Gutted. Got the email at roughly 4:15pm.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 63
What was the reason for rejection?
Reply 64
Original post by Adchara2
What was the reason for rejection?

I didn’t meet the minimum academic requirements. I’ve emailed them for further clarification because I didn’t expect this tbh.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 65
That’s insane!! Was it like alevels or something? Absolutely shocking
Reply 66
Original post by Adchara2
That’s insane!! Was it like alevels or something? Absolutely shocking

Idk. They haven’t said anything. I checked my emails at the end of the day so sent them an email when they were done for the day. Will hear back tomorrow hopefully. When I spoke to admissions, they said that a levels would not count as I’m a graduate but idk what to believe rn
Original post by med8c
Rejected. Home student. 3000 UCAT (each section above 600) and merit in masters degree. Gutted. Got the email at roughly 4:15pm.

I’m sorry to hear that :frown:. Did you submit your transcript? What was your degree in?
You have an amazing UCAT score! With that for sure you will get an interview elsewhere.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 68
Original post by med8c

I am so sorry. Yeah, it's best if you email them for clarification because, to me, you have the perfect grades.
Reply 69
Thank you both of you. My degree was in Global Health, Infection and Immunity. Yup, I submitted my degree transcript.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by med8c
Thank you both of you. My degree was in Global Health, Infection and Immunity. Yup, I submitted my degree transcript.

But did you submit it before you applied to see if they accept the degree? They seem to specifically say a science degree on their requirements and suggest to send a transcript ahead of application. Regardless, don’t be disheartened at all, you have a masters and a smashing UCAT score. Wait for your interviews from elsewhere ☺️
I think it’s still worth to get clarification from admissions as you have done, could be they made a mistake.
Reply 71
Update: just rang them and they made a mistake on my application. They did not see my masters results. They have reinstated my application. I’m back in the race baby 🤣🤪
Reply 72
That means they have started assessing home applications
Original post by med8c
Update: just rang them and they made a mistake on my application. They did not see my masters results. They have reinstated my application. I’m back in the race baby 🤣🤪

Awesome! I was quite shocked when I read your original comment.
Reply 74
Original post by ipod18
Awesome! I was quite shocked when I read your original comment.

Thanks. Ikr I couldn’t believe it. How’s everyone’s interview prep coming along?
Reply 75
Original post by med8c

Yayy!!!! Thank God
Reply 76
Wait, do I need to submit my degree transcript somewhere? I studied neuroscience
Do International students receive any update mail?
Reply 78
Original post by Alive153
Wait, do I need to submit my degree transcript somewhere? I studied neuroscience

Yeah, I submitted it on the evision portal
Reply 79
I haven’t been asked to submit my degree transcript yet on the portal?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending