Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Official Newcastle University Applicant Thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TDCTV
Yep,
An unconditional for biomedical sciences, I still haven't heard back about med though

Congratulations! That’s amazing! I applied for English so mine will probably be ages yet
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 42
Hi!
I'm applying to study Law and I've also applied to Partners! I'm going to see Newcastle for the first time next week, and I can't wait!
Original post by TDCTV
Yep,
An unconditional for biomedical sciences, I still haven't heard back about med though

wow I didn’t think they’d give out many unconditionals, Newcastle is my top choice so it’d be amazing if I got that-
Reply 44
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
wow I didn’t think they’d give out many unconditionals, Newcastle is my top choice so it’d be amazing if I got that-

I've already met the contextual entry requirements: which are BBBBC at Higher lol
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Congratulations! That’s amazing! I applied for English so mine will probably be ages yet

I’ve applied for English too! Did my exams last year but actually resitting English (ik ironic)

Did you think we’ll hear back in the next few days??
Original post by daphneffion
I’ve applied for English too! Did my exams last year but actually resitting English (ik ironic)

Did you think we’ll hear back in the next few days??

omg yay! I hope so aha I’ve got all my other offers and Newcastles my top choice. Where else have you applied?
if anyone has received an UG offer (especially if you are applying before you have received A Level grades) but please let me know even if not- what date did you apply and what date did you hear back from the uni? :smile:)
Reply 48
Original post by poppy.marshall
if anyone has received an UG offer (especially if you are applying before you have received A Level grades) but please let me know even if not- what date did you apply and what date did you hear back from the uni? :smile:)

I applied on October 11th and heard back on November 6th
Original post by TDCTV

I applied on October 11th and heard back on November 6th

thanks for letting me know!! what course? also did you apply for partners? :smile:
Reply 50
thanks for letting me know!! what course? also did you apply for partners? :smile:

I applied for Biomed, and yeah I did lol.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by TDCTV

I applied for Biomed and med (haven't heard back), and yeah I did lol.

great! the reason i asked is because i am
wondering if they only look at applications after you receive your partner offer and when i spoke to them, they said that was the case. I received my partners acceptance on the 3rd november when did you get yours?
Original post by Anonymous
omg yay! I hope so aha I’ve got all my other offers and Newcastles my top choice. Where else have you applied?

Congrats on the other offers !!!! I’ve applied to Oxford, Durham, St Andrews, Edinburgh, and Newcastle.

Oxford is my first choice but then it’s Newcastle 🙂

Where did you apply?!
Can I put my partners application in before I submit my actual application?
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
Can I put my partners application in before I submit my actual application?

Hi @gabriellamadelyn

We will not be able to process your PARTNERS application until your UCAS application is fully complete as we need your predicated grades, submitted by your teacher/tutor, to be able to fully assess your eligibility.

Therefore, don't submit your PARTNERS application form until you are at the stage to also submit your UCAS form to UCAS.

For more information on how to apply to PARTNERS, please see our Webpage

Hope this helps :smile:
Lydia.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 55
wondering if they only look at applications after you receive your partner offer and when i spoke to them, they said that was the case. I received my partners acceptance on the 3rd november when did you get yours?

I got mine on the 6th of November lol
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by TDCTV

I got mine on the 5th of November lol

weird so you heard literally they say after! i suppose different courses will look at applications differently.
Really hoping to hear soon because i’ve only applied to newcastle haha
Original post by Newcastle University

Hi @gabriellamadelyn

We will not be able to process your PARTNERS application until your UCAS application is fully complete as we need your predicated grades, submitted by your teacher/tutor, to be able to fully assess your eligibility.

[start]Therefore, don't submit your PARTNERS application form until you are at the stage to also submit your UCAS form to UCAS.[/start]

For more information on how to apply to PARTNERS, please see our Webpage

Hope this helps :smile:
Lydia.

hi, i presume you can see my other posts on this thread but just incase here’s the info. I applied to the UG speech and language bachelors and masters on 17/10/23 and I received my PARTNERS offer on 3.11.23. I’ve spoken to someone on this thread who received their offer the day after their PARTNERS offer. Just wondering if you have any course specific insight or just general insight as to when I might hear. I’m really keen to hear back, I have only applied to Newcastle as I really love the course and the uni and in my opinion everything about Newcastle Uni SALT is better than what other unis currently offer. Fingers crossed to hear soon!
Reply 58
weird so you heard literally they say after! i suppose different courses will look at applications differently.

I heard it takes longer for people getting that don't already have the grades as they have to assign each person a condition.
Original post by TDCTV

I heard it takes longer for people getting that don't already have the grades as they have to assign each person a condition.

I did wonder if that might be the reason! Hopefully i’ll hear soon :smile: congrats on your grades and offer!! are you going to the open day this weekend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending