Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Official Newcastle University Applicant Thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by poppy.marshall
I did wonder if that might be the reason! Hopefully i’ll hear soon :smile: congrats on your grades and offer!! are you going to the open day this weekend?

Tysm!!! Good luck with yours 🙂!! I'm sure you'll hear back soon.
No, I probably won't go because I already went in September.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by TDCTV

Tysm!!! Good luck with yours 🙂!! I'm sure you'll hear back soon.
No, I probably won't go because I already went in September.

🤞🤞🤞
Original post by daphneffion
Congrats on the other offers !!!! I’ve applied to Oxford, Durham, St Andrews, Edinburgh, and Newcastle.

Oxford is my first choice but then it’s Newcastle 🙂

Where did you apply?!

oh good luck with oxford! that sounds amazing, I applied for Newcastle, Cardiff, Loughborough, Nottingham Trent, and Aberystwyth :smile:
just applied for chemistry with medicinal chemistry and partners!! newcastle is my top uni so hoping to hear back soon hahah
Original post by Anonymous #1
oh good luck with oxford! that sounds amazing, I applied for Newcastle, Cardiff, Loughborough, Nottingham Trent, and Aberystwyth :smile:

Thank you🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻 I got my ncl offer today and am SO relieved because I couldn’t get a clearing place in august 💔💔
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
just applied for chemistry with medicinal chemistry and partners!! newcastle is my top uni so hoping to hear back soon hahah

Do you think the partners scheme is good?? I have no idea what’s it about except the bridging but in the summer. I’m kind of doing the same thing at Oxford with the foundation year but if anyone had like an insight I’d love to know!

Do you think the partners scheme is good?? I have no idea what’s it about except the bridging but in the summer. I’m kind of doing the same thing at Oxford with the foundation year but if anyone had like an insight I’d love to know!

PARTNERS reduces your grade requirements for example from A A B to B B C if you complete the summer school and pass the assignment at the end
Thank you🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻 I got my ncl offer today and am SO relieved because I couldn’t get a clearing place in august 💔💔

Yes same! Congratulations, so happy for us ahah I’m so relieved 😭
Reply 68

congratsss!!!! what course did u apply for?

how long did it take for them to respond after you applied? i applied today
Original post by TDCTV
congratsss!!!! what course did u apply for?

Thank you❤️ I’m doing English Lit!!! Applied on Oct 15th so they took just over a month which is really good tbh :smile:) what are you applying for??
Original post by poppy.marshall
PARTNERS reduces your grade requirements for example from A A B to B B C if you complete the summer school and pass the assignment at the end

Ahhhh that is good tbh. I got an unconditional though so I don’t know if the grade incentive is really that valuable to me as it would be for others ://

WE SURVIVEDDDDDDD and the fact it’s your first choice too whoopppp!! Are you going to the open weekend??? I’m actually going to ncl the day after lmao can’t believe I’m missing it by a day💀
My daughter applied for integrated masters in Newcastle which is C103. But when we checked yesterday, the university website says the specific course is withdrawn for 2024 entry. What should we do now?
WE SURVIVEDDDDDDD and the fact it’s your first choice too whoopppp!! Are you going to the open weekend??? I’m actually going to ncl the day after lmao can’t believe I’m missing it by a day💀

I’ve already been the one of the open days a couple months ago! Ahh that’s so annoying but atleast you’ll be able to get a taste of what the city is like 😭 I hope you have lots of fun whilst you’re there :smile:
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
how long did it take for them to respond after you applied? i applied today

it took around 3 weeks x
Reply 76
Thank you❤️ I’m doing English Lit!!! Applied on Oct 15th so they took just over a month which is really good tbh :smile:) what are you applying for??

I applied for Biomed!!!
Original post by TDCTV
I applied for Biomed!!!

My friend kept switching from Biomed to Chem before they started at NCL but they are LOVING IT!!! Congrats again :smile:)))

Hi @daphneffion

The PARTNERS Programme is Newcastle University’s supported entry route for UK students from underrepresented groups in higher education. To take part in PARTNERS, you must meet all of the Essential Conditions and atleast one of the Eligibility Criteria.*

A contextual PARTNERS offer from the University will be up to three A level grades lower than the typical entry requirements. The PARTNERS offer is conditional upon placing Newcastle as your firm choice and successful completion of the*PARTNERS Academic Summer School (PASS).

Alongside the lower PARTNERS offer, the programme has additional benefits. PASS 2024 will be composed of a mixture of on campus and online activities across a week between Sunday 30th June - Friday 5th July 2024. It gives an early introduction to higher education, allows you to undertake an academic piece of work and get to know other students on your course. You'll be introduced to as many aspects of university life as possible, giving you a taste of what it's like to study at Newcastle University and using the same facilities as first year students.

Additionally, PARTNERS students are supported throughout university; being part of a community canvas course where they are the first to find out about specific work opportunities and PARTNERS specific scholarships and bursaries. For further information, you can chat to a PARTNERS student to ask about their first hand experience.

You can find out more about PARTNERS and how to apply here.

I hope this helps! :smile:
Lydia
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi @daphneffion

The PARTNERS Programme is Newcastle University’s supported entry route for UK students from underrepresented groups in higher education. To take part in PARTNERS, you must meet all of the Essential Conditions and atleast one of the Eligibility Criteria.*

A contextual PARTNERS offer from the University will be up to three A level grades lower than the typical entry requirements. The PARTNERS offer is conditional upon placing Newcastle as your firm choice and successful completion of the*PARTNERS Academic Summer School (PASS).

Alongside the lower PARTNERS offer, the programme has additional benefits. PASS 2024 will be composed of a mixture of on campus and online activities across a week between Sunday 30th June - Friday 5th July 2024. It gives an early introduction to higher education, allows you to undertake an academic piece of work and get to know other students on your course. You'll be introduced to as many aspects of university life as possible, giving you a taste of what it's like to study at Newcastle University and using the same facilities as first year students.

Additionally, PARTNERS students are supported throughout university; being part of a community canvas course where they are the first to find out about specific work opportunities and PARTNERS specific scholarships and bursaries. For further information, you can chat to a PARTNERS student to ask about their first hand experience.

You can find out more about PARTNERS and how to apply here.

I hope this helps! :smile:
Lydia

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending