Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Official Newcastle University Applicant Thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students considering applying to @Newcastle University for 2024 entry! You can chat with other applicants, and see if you can find someone who could be applying to the same course as you <3! Let us know what A Levels you are taking and why you want to apply to this uni!! :smile:

You can find a huge list of other applicant threads here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7392777

I applied for a postgraduate masters program in Behavioural and Experimental Economics on 22nd October 2023. When can I expect to hear from the university? Please help.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by TDCTV
Hi,
i'm interested in applying to medicine
(Scottish applicant btw)

Hey im applying med as well! Did you get the application in?
Reply 82
Original post by maddyc0050
Hey im applying med as well! Did you get the application in?

I got rejected lol.
What about u?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by TDCTV
I got rejected lol.
What about u?

Havent got it back yet so hoping for the best
Reply 84
Original post by TDCTV
I got rejected lol.
What about u?

How much time did it take for them to respond with a decision? I applied on 22nd October. Still haven't heard anything back from them.
Original post by gurjeet23
I applied for a postgraduate masters program in Behavioural and Experimental Economics on 22nd October 2023. When can I expect to hear from the university? Please help.

Hi @gurjeet23

The Postgraduate Admissions Team aim to respond to applications within 30 working days. For some courses, or during busy times, this may take longer.

Applicants can track the progress of their application by logging on to the Apply to Newcastle Portal. If any further information is required from an applicant in order to process their application, they will be contacted via the portal.

If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. You can contact us by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, by using the Live Chat service on our website, or by using our Enquiry Form. We will then be able to look at your individual application and advise you further.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi @gurjeet23

The Postgraduate Admissions Team aim to respond to applications within 30 working days. For some courses, or during busy times, this may take longer.

Applicants can track the progress of their application by logging on to the Apply to Newcastle Portal. If any further information is required from an applicant in order to process their application, they will be contacted via the portal.

If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. You can contact us by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, by using the Live Chat service on our website, or by using our Enquiry Form. We will then be able to look at your individual application and advise you further.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott

It has been more than 30 days.
Original post by gurjeet23
It has been more than 30 days.

Hi @gurjeet23

As my colleague has advised you are welcome to contact us for an update on your application and we will be happy to help 🙂

Hana
Reply 88
Original post by TDCTV
Is anyone thinking of applying for partners?

Yep. I did
Hi everyone! Is anyone else here still waiting to hear back (for interview invitation) after submitting their application? x
Reply 90
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi everyone! Is anyone else here still waiting to hear back (for interview invitation) after submitting their application? x

I got an offer for pharmacy a few days ago
Original post by Bc23
I got an offer for pharmacy a few days ago
when abouts did u submit your application? (mine was late as i wanted to transfer but that isn’t possible with pharmacy). also i assume that means with no interview ?
Original post by mburnett992
when abouts did u submit your application? (mine was late as i wanted to transfer but that isn’t possible with pharmacy). also i assume that means with no interview ?

Hi @mburnett992

Our Pharmacy MPharm Honours programme is not conducting interviews as part of the admissions process for 2024 entry. As such, applicants will not typically be invited to interview.

I hope this helps 😊
Lydia
Reply 93
HI, Newcastle thanks for being here to respond to questions I had my interview for undergraduate medicine near the end of January and was just wondering when offer decisions come out?
Thanks!!
Original post by ajkhale
HI, Newcastle thanks for being here to respond to questions I had my interview for undergraduate medicine near the end of January and was just wondering when offer decisions come out?
Thanks!!

Hi @ajkhale

Thank you for your question!

At the moment, we're hoping to get decisions out to MB BS applicants early/mid-March - we'll keep this thread updated wherever possible.

I hope this helps
Scott
Son applied to Newcastle mid January. He quickly received offers from Durham, York and Lancaster but nothing from Newcastle. He's applied for Biology. Is it worth contacting the Admissions team?
Reply 96
Original post by Anonymous #4
Son applied to Newcastle mid January. He quickly received offers from Durham, York and Lancaster but nothing from Newcastle. He's applied for Biology. Is it worth contacting the Admissions team?
I applied late December and got my offer for Biology BSc early Jan. So maybe they still giving out offers
Original post by Anonymous #4

i’m in the same boat for biomed ahhh
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
just applied for chemistry with medicinal chemistry and partners!! newcastle is my top uni so hoping to hear back soon hahah
omg did you end up getting an offer? i’ve firmed newcastle for chemistry and im doing partners, it’s so nice to finally see someone applying for a similar course at newcastle!
Hi, has anyone applied to biomed through partners. I'm currently deciding between York st johns and Newcastle and honesty have no clue which go choose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending