The Student Room Group

Higher Maths for Law at Glasgow

Hi,
I am thinking about applying to Glasgow University to study law next year (start in 2025). It states higher maths at an A being recommended. I haven’t taken it this year (S5) and would preferably not want to take it in S6 because I struggled in Nat 5. I know how competitive Glasgow can be so wondered if there was any point in my applying without higher maths.
Reply 1
Original post by renowned-dreamer
Hi,
I am thinking about applying to Glasgow University to study law next year (start in 2025). It states higher maths at an A being recommended. I haven’t taken it this year (S5) and would preferably not want to take it in S6 because I struggled in Nat 5. I know how competitive Glasgow can be so wondered if there was any point in my applying without higher maths.

This is what I felt like too because i didn’t know whether or not to take it for 6th year but I emailed Glasgow Uni about it and they said it was higher maths at an A or AH english or AH humanities subject, so I think it’s not necessary, hopefully. I’m not taking it next year and only taking AH english and history (if my school lets me). I struggled with nat 5 and got a C so was hoping i wouldn’t need to take it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending