The Student Room Group

Child of a migrant worker proving dependency

Hello
I am 22 , i applied for sfe as the child of a migrant worker but it was made ineligible because i could not provide evidence of dependency, i sent my utility bills and tenancy agreement and it was still declined because they wanted a bank statement of transactions with my dad ,Unfortunately my dad gives me every money in cash due because we live together and he sees me everyday , i was then asked to let my dad write a cover letter stating why we are not able to provide the bank statement transactions of which i’ve done
I’m yet to get a decision from sfe
But then again i want to enquire if i can still apply for the tuition loan only through the EU route ad the child of a migrant worker even tho i won’t be able to provide the bank statement
Also , if i apply for the tution only as the child of a migrant worker , what will be the evidence needed from me

Thank you
Original post by delphina45
Hello
I am 22 , i applied for sfe as the child of a migrant worker but it was made ineligible because i could not provide evidence of dependency, i sent my utility bills and tenancy agreement and it was still declined because they wanted a bank statement of transactions with my dad ,Unfortunately my dad gives me every money in cash due because we live together and he sees me everyday , i was then asked to let my dad write a cover letter stating why we are not able to provide the bank statement transactions of which i’ve done
I’m yet to get a decision from sfe
But then again i want to enquire if i can still apply for the tuition loan only through the EU route ad the child of a migrant worker even tho i won’t be able to provide the bank statement
Also , if i apply for the tution only as the child of a migrant worker , what will be the evidence needed from me

Thank you

Hi Delphina,

If you are applying for the Tuition Fee Loan only, you would need to apply on an EU form, if you are not eligible to apply as the child of a Migrant Worker.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1151463/eu_eu23n_form_2324_o.pdf

Student Finance Services
Student Loans Company
PO Box 89
Darlington
United Kingdom
DL1 9AZ

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Thank you Clare
But i hold a pre settled status and i can prove that i am a child of a migrant worker because i already submitted my dads EU passport , birth certificate, utility bills tenancy agreement, payslips , letter of employment and p60. The only thing i couldn’t provide was the bank statement .
Can i apply as a child of a migrant worker using the EU route even without the bank statement?Because i believe a lot was asked because i applied for the maintenance as well
Original post by delphina45
Thank you Clare
But i hold a pre settled status and i can prove that i am a child of a migrant worker because i already submitted my dads EU passport , birth certificate, utility bills tenancy agreement, payslips , letter of employment and p60. The only thing i couldn’t provide was the bank statement .
Can i apply as a child of a migrant worker using the EU route even without the bank statement?Because i believe a lot was asked because i applied for the maintenance as well

Hi Delphina,

I was directly replying to your question on how to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan only, if you weren't applying for the Maintenance Loan, you would not apply as the child of a Migrant Worker, you would apply as an EU national for the Tuition Fee Loan only. If you have sent the cover letter explaining why you do not have bank statements to prove your financial dependency on the Migrant Worker, the assessors will get back to you about that. Our current timescales are approximately 19 working days with subject to change depending on our current volumes. Please allow time while monitoring your account for an update.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending