The Student Room Group

Child of Migrant Worker Questions

Hello,

I am applying as a child of a migrant worker in order to receive the maintenance loan but I've got some questions I could not find answers to .

1. My dad was unemployed for some time and got a new job in October 2023 which means that he was not employed when my course started in September 2023. Can I still apply as a child of migrant worker? If so, will my loan be significantly lower because of it?

2. Can I send our polish ID cards instead of passports as evidence?

3. Are the payslips from last three months and a letter from HR (stating the amount of hours and when the employment started) enough for evidence of employment? My dad has had some issues with the HR when it comes to getting a copy of his employment contract

Thank you
Original post by szejmik
Hello,

I am applying as a child of a migrant worker in order to receive the maintenance loan but I've got some questions I could not find answers to .

1. My dad was unemployed for some time and got a new job in October 2023 which means that he was not employed when my course started in September 2023. Can I still apply as a child of migrant worker? If so, will my loan be significantly lower because of it?

2. Can I send our polish ID cards instead of passports as evidence?

3. Are the payslips from last three months and a letter from HR (stating the amount of hours and when the employment started) enough for evidence of employment? My dad has had some issues with the HR when it comes to getting a copy of his employment contract

Thank you

Hi there,

If you or your parent were not working on the 1st of September 2023 then you'd only be assessed for the funding from term 2 onwards (assuming they were working on the 1st of January 2024).

We would require the evidence from your Dad stated in the email. If it asks only for the passport then we would require this.

Required
As long as the contract confirms the following then this would be sufficient:

Employment start date

Contracted hours per week

Contracts must be signed by the employer or employee - .

[start]Desirable; [/start]

Hourly rate of pay

Contract type - permanent, fixed or temporary

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending