The Student Room Group

Employment evidence

Hello,
I have a question regarding SFE. The student finance is asking me to send employment evidence for September and October. The problem is that I am working as a bank staff in a company and I could work just 3 shifts in September and I had no shifts in October. My question is if the student finance will stop financing my studies because I do not have the evidence they requested? What can I do in this case please? Any advice? I am EU student with pre-settled status by the way.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elmita
Hello,
I have a question regarding SFE. The student finance is asking me to send employment evidence for September and October. The problem is that I am working as a bank staff in a company and I could work just 3 shifts in September and I had no shifts in October. My question is if the student finance will stop financing my studies because I do not have the evidence they requested? What can I do in this case please? Any advice? I am EU student with pre-settled status by the way.

Hi Elmita,

If you have applied as a Migrant Worker and cannot provide the evidence then yes we can stop the Maintenance Loan for the 1st term. If you are then working an acceptable level for your 2nd term it could be reinstated but we will pro-ratta your funding. I would advise you upload the evidence that you do have for the months requested along with a cover letter explaining the situation.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Elmita,

If you have applied as a Migrant Worker and cannot provide the evidence then yes we can stop the Maintenance Loan for the 1st term. If you are then working an acceptable level for your 2nd term it could be reinstated but we will pro-ratta your funding. I would advise you upload the evidence that you do have for the months requested along with a cover letter explaining the situation.

Thanks, Drew

Hi Drew,

What about the payment for the university? They will stop paying that as well?

Kind regards
Original post by Elmita
Hi Drew,

What about the payment for the university? They will stop paying that as well?

Kind regards

Hi Elmita, No this should not affect your Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Hi Elmita, No this should not affect your Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Drew

Hi Drew,
In which cases the student finance could make the full payment (tuition fee + maintenance) please?
As I have been asking for shifts in my current job. But they could not give me any in October as they cancelled my unique shift at the last minute. I was working as a full time employee, but because of placements schedule + rotas at work, it was impossible to work and go to my placement at the same time, as both schedules clashed so that is why the previous manager forced myself to change my contract, that is why I became as a bank staff. I will explain in detail my situation in the letter, but I would like to know if I have any possibility to get the full funding please.
Hi Elmita

Part of the conditions for getting a maintenance loan as a Migrant Worker is that you need to be working at a level where you can financially support yourself. If you were not working your maintenance loan may be removed but you can explain the situation on a cover letter.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 6
Hi Drew,
In which circumstances the student finance pay the full funding (tuition fee + maintenance) please? As I have been asking for shifts in my current job. I have worked 3 shifts in September and I had no shifts in October, as the unique one I got they cancelled it at the last minute. I have been employed as a full time worker for this company but because of placements schedule + rotas at work, the previous manager forced me to change my contract as both schedules clashed. I am currently looking for another job as well. I will explain my situation in detail in the letter. But I would like to know if there is any possibility to get the full funding please? Or how can I do to get them in full?
Reply 7
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Elmita

Part of the conditions for getting a maintenance loan as a Migrant Worker is that you need to be working at a level where you can financially support yourself. If you were not working your maintenance loan may be removed but you can explain the situation on a cover letter.

Thanks,
Calum

Hi Calum,

I live with my father, who is employed as a full time worker. Can I present his payslips as evidence that he financially supports me?
Hi Elmita,

How old are you?

thanks,
Calum
Reply 9
Hi Elmita,

How old are you?

thanks,
Calum

Hi,

29 years old.

Kind regards
Original post by Elmita
Hi Drew,
In which cases the student finance could make the full payment (tuition fee + maintenance) please?
As I have been asking for shifts in my current job. But they could not give me any in October as they cancelled my unique shift at the last minute. I was working as a full time employee, but because of placements schedule + rotas at work, it was impossible to work and go to my placement at the same time, as both schedules clashed so that is why the previous manager forced myself to change my contract, that is why I became as a bank staff. I will explain in detail my situation in the letter, but I would like to know if I have any possibility to get the full funding please.

Hi Elmita,

The assessors will need to review your employment evidence and they will look at it on a case by case basis. You should get the full Tuition Fee Loan but I do not know about the full Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 11
Hi Elmita,

The assessors will need to review your employment evidence and they will look at it on a case by case basis. You should get the full Tuition Fee Loan but I do not know about the full Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Drew

Hi Drew,

What bout if I present evidence of my dad’s employment and supports me financially? Can it help?
Hi Elmita,

It is possible to apply as the Child of a Migrant Worker but if you are over 21 then you need to also show evidence that you are fully financially or physically dependent on your parent..

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 13
Hi Elmita,

It is possible to apply as the Child of a Migrant Worker but if you are over 21 then you need to also show evidence that you are fully financially or physically dependent on your parent..

Thanks,
Calum

Hi,
That would be a different application? Should I make a new application?
Which kind of evidence they would need please? Could you help me by stating them?

Thank you
Original post by Elmita
Hi,
That would be a different application? Should I make a new application?
Which kind of evidence they would need please? Could you help me by stating them?

Thank you

Hi Elmita,

You don't need to make a new application. We will need to see your dad's employment evidence (contract and payslips), your dad's original Passport or National ID Card and their EUSS share code, a photocopy of your birth certificate naming your dad to show proof of relationship, and evidence to show that you are financially dependent on your dad such as bank statements.

This will take around 15 working days to review based on current timescales.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 15
Hi Elmita,

You don't need to make a new application. We will need to see your dad's employment evidence (contract and payslips), your dad's original Passport or National ID Card and their EUSS share code, a photocopy of your birth certificate naming your dad to show proof of relationship, and evidence to show that you are financially dependent on your dad such as bank statements.

This will take around 15 working days to review based on current timescales.

Thanks,
Calum

Hi Calum,

My dad has the settlement status. Do I have to submit All these documents by my Student Finance account? Do I still need the letter explaining my situation?

Kind regards
Original post by Elmita
Hi Calum,

My dad has the settlement status. Do I have to submit All these documents by my Student Finance account? Do I still need the letter explaining my situation?

Kind regards

Hi Elmita,

All the evidence can be uploaded apart from your dads passport which will need to be posted. I would attach a cover letter with your dads passport which has your full name, customer reference number and the letter should be signed & dated. You would not need to provide a cover letter about your employment as you are now wanting to apply as a Child of a Migrant worker.

Thanks, Drew

EEA Migrant Worker Team Student Finance England PO Box 89Darlington DL1 9AZ
Reply 17
Hi Elmita,

All the evidence can be uploaded apart from your dads passport which will need to be posted. I would attach a cover letter with your dads passport which has your full name, customer reference number and the letter should be signed & dated. You would not need to provide a cover letter about your employment as you are now wanting to apply as a Child of a Migrant worker.

Thanks, Drew

EEA Migrant Worker Team Student Finance England PO Box 89Darlington DL1 9AZ

Hi Drew,

By sending all the required evidence, is it highly likely that full funding will be accepted?

Kind regards
Hi Elmita,

Yes it could be accepted but we will not know until an assessor reviews it.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 19
Hi Elmita,

Yes it could be accepted but we will not know until an assessor reviews it.

Thanks, Drew

Hi,

Thank you very much Drew and Calum for responding my questions. I have been really worried about this. I will gather all the documents and upload in my account. I hope everything goes in favour of my application.

Kind regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending