The Student Room Group

a levels/diploma

im unsure of what I want to do when I leave school, however I know I want something science based.
for sixth forms, if I can't do a science based subject, I would choose psychology English lit and sociology.
however if I do get the grades for science related subject id do biology psychology and English lit.
if I go college I was considering taking applied science or medical science level three extended diploma however I want a levels too but I can't do it- there isn't an option as the course is too 'full on' , I know some unis accept this to progress onto medicine, however which one is better? applied or medical?
thank you.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by mstavs
im unsure of what I want to do when I leave school, however I know I want something science based.
for sixth forms, if I can't do a science based subject, I would choose psychology English lit and sociology.
however if I do get the grades for science related subject id do biology psychology and English lit.
if I go college I was considering taking applied science or medical science, I know some unis accept this to progress onto medicine, however which one is better? applied or medical?
thank you.

I've not heard of any unis accepting a BTEC in applied science or a medical science BTEC?

For medicine it's normally required to do two sciences including at least one of (if not both) biology and chemistry. About half of medical schools require chemistry, about a third require biology, with a small overlap requiring both.

Only taking biology and no "core" science would limit you to at most 10 medical schools to choose between.

Quick Reply

Latest