The Student Room Group

Let the steam out- a rant/feelings thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I borrowed that book for nothing, their ain’t no way I’m reading or finishing that bad boy before the time comes.

Was supposed to have finished the other book back in July, didn’t happen.

🙇🏾*♀️ at least I’m getting something done over the summer though and not nothing. Need to finish that CV and application.
Reply 21
Lol man can’t spell.

I need to stop criticising myself and X though. I’m too hard on myself.
Original post by Anonymous
Further reading on the reading list?

Yeah I that book I need to finish reading is on the reading list (I don’t technically have to read it as a result but I want to and the book is cartoony and short).

Yeah it's for a personal statement and not uni but I just want to give myself the best chance possible so I want to absorb literally everything I can. Feel like I'm running out of time though. Sometimes I wonder if all the effort is worth it but I'd hate myself if I didn't give it my best.
Lol man can’t spell.

I need to stop criticising myself and X though. I’m too hard on myself.

Yeah like honestly let yourself breathe; it's insane how much clearer everything is with a calm mind.
Reply 24
Yeah it's for a personal statement and not uni but I just want to give myself the best chance possible so I want to absorb literally everything I can. Feel like I'm running out of time though. Sometimes I wonder if all the effort is worth it but I'd hate myself if I didn't give it my best.

Are you going into Y13?
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous #1

Yeah like honestly let yourself breathe; it's insane how much clearer everything is with a calm mind.

I’m a calm person, to the point where I tell others others to stop stressing out and calm down. It’s just that I’m critical of myself (I comment on myself or point out negatives a lot of compare myself to others in a good or bad way), low self-esteem.
yep !! literally ******** it
Are you going into Y13?
oops didn't think that would get redacted but to swap out my words I am v nervous for it haha
Reply 28

Yeah I wasn’t a massive fan of Y13
Reply 29
Good grief

iOS isn’t the way
Reply 30
I don’t care about social media excluding YouTube but this is taking the Mickey
Reply 31
oops didn't think that would get redacted but to swap out my words I am v nervous for it haha

It’s just the swear filter doing it’s work.
Reply 32
I'll partially take it.
Reply 33
Partially though, not fully.
Reply 34
This needs to stop bugging. I know that I keep telling myself that I'll be on here less but still.
Reply 35
I need to actually do that though. If I start consistently using it/this from the thing then that will help as I don’t have easy access to the other thing.
Reply 36
Need to stop caring about what others think or me and ignore their advice/information
Reply 37
Don’t know if it can even be called advice
Reply 38
Need to stop caring about what others think or me and ignore their advice/information

I don’t actually care about what others think of me (to the point where I tell them to shove it/don’t care about what they say) unless people start to make me care about that.
Reply 39
Still haven’t finished reading that book though, I ought to read it. Didn’t even read the other ones that I was planning on reading

Read that book

Quick Reply

Latest