The Student Room Group

A-level subjects

Hi. I chose the A-levels French, Spanish, Business and Music. I find French Spanish and Music to be non-negotiable, as they are my passion, however I'm wondering if I made the right choice about business. I'm aware that unis are biased towards certain subjects and prefer specific ones, although they don't explicitly state that anymore for whatever reason. Do you think this looks like a good combination? Any ideas?
Original post by britishpigeon
Hi. I chose the A-levels French, Spanish, Business and Music. I find French Spanish and Music to be non-negotiable, as they are my passion, however I'm wondering if I made the right choice about business. I'm aware that unis are biased towards certain subjects and prefer specific ones, although they don't explicitly state that anymore for whatever reason. Do you think this looks like a good combination? Any ideas?

A few things come to mind.
(1) It is very rarely a good idea to do four A levels, unless the plan is to try out four with the intention of dropping one.
(2) If you're passionate about French, Spanish and Music, then why study Business at all?
(3) Have you given any thought as to what you might like to do beyond A levels? You mention university; what sort of degree would you likely want to study?

Quick Reply

Latest