The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Advanced Highers and Highers

Hi there,

I am looking to apply for Software Engineering and achieved ABBBB in my Highers of Music, Computing Science, Mathematics. English and Physics respectively. I understand that the entry requirement is ABBBC with A in Mathematics, however, I am taking Maths to advanced higher level as well as Computing Science (AH), Statistics (AH) and Psychology (H) and and I am predicted to get so well in all of them. So I was wondering if I would still be considered for this course given my circumstances to know if it is worth applying.

Thank you very much
Original post by rghjgddsszcc
Hi there,

I am looking to apply for Software Engineering and achieved ABBBB in my Highers of Music, Computing Science, Mathematics. English and Physics respectively. I understand that the entry requirement is ABBBC with A in Mathematics, however, I am taking Maths to advanced higher level as well as Computing Science (AH), Statistics (AH) and Psychology (H) and and I am predicted to get so well in all of them. So I was wondering if I would still be considered for this course given my circumstances to know if it is worth applying.

Thank you very much

Hi @rghjgddsszcc :smile: The standard entry requirements for the BSc in Software Engineering are AAAB/AABBB (Maths B, Computing Science recommended). Could you let me know where you saw the above entry requirements so I can edit them as they're not correct?

I can't ever guarantee an offer would be made as entry can be competitive, however with the subjects you've got we would be able to consider you. You've already achieved your Higher Maths and Computer Science at a B, and are continuing on with AH subjects in those subjects too. to meet the standard entry requirements of AABBB we would require another A from you this year in any of your subjects.

If you meet any of our widening access criteria you may be eligible for a contextualised offer too. You can find out if you're eligible for this on our Widening Access page here: https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/wideningaccess/. If you meet any of the criteria then we would be considering you against the minimum entry requirements (rather than the standard).

Hope this helps!!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending